Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2017 [Mk 8]

TitaniumWhite

Maybe this question has already been asked but has anybody checked out the new shape/spec Fiesta? 

Mine isn't due for renewal until next July, however, Ford are already scratching my itch by inviting me to come and see the new model. Going off the new pricing structure, a Titanium would cost more than my current one and my equivalent monthly payments would only get me a Zetec...which is not an option. I have a brochure and I am not even sure I like the new shape in the pictures and maybe it needs to be seen in actuality. The other option is to buy my current car.

If they're inviting you to see a car, you can try and haggle them for a titanium for the same amount. Just don't buy it at the end. If they're that desperate to sell you'll get it.

• Like 2

They are keen to get pre orders in for the new model so now is a good a time as any to change. I've just helped a friend buy an ST line 140ps and got a pretty decent discount, over £1k anyway. Not sure I like the back but the interior is looking pretty smart. Why is the only other option to buy your current car? There are more options than that at the end of your agreement, or indeed now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Get a price from Drivethedeal and use that at the dealer to negotiate with, should be able to get 2.5k off. No harm in looking they can't make you buy one.

• Like 2

I can't see anyone getting anywhere near that figure, I had to practically threaten the salesman's family lol. Went to a couple of other dealerships after we got that deal and they just told us to go with that as they wouldn't get near. I went on DTD before looking so I knew the benchmark and it's probably fair but at the moment the dealers have a stronger hand. There is no shortage of sales right now, it's the new shape so it's in demand. Give it A year and I reckon that you will be closer to getting £2K off list. Some cracking deals on new and pre reg mk7.5, they need the, off the forecourt so in 3 weeks they should be giving them away.

• Like 1

If a dealer won't match the DTD price, order through DTD.

• Like 4

You've got carwow as well. That usually gives you more local options.

I've always got around 10-15% off list price.

• Like 2

If a dealer won't match the DTD price, order through DTD.

My friend didn't want to use DTD, she 'didn't trust it' so it had to be a local place.

I used CarWow, I always do even though they always make offers/bids from hundreds of miles away. I used those figures to get the deal I got. Interestingly CarWow didn't get close to DRD either.

I liked the look of it at first, but having looked at it more, I've really gone off.

The inside reminds me of a mazda with the centre console (ew mazda) and the outside just doesn't look all that great for me. Particularly the ST-Line version. I have a Fiesta ST-Line and comparing that to the all new fiesta st-line, I just can't help but think in terms of style it's gone downhill.

What I am jealous of though is the 6 gears. My fiesta only has 5, and whenever I'm driving, particularly on my long journeys up north, it really is missing a 6th gear. I hate seeing my car doing 3000+ revs at 80. So I do think that's an improvement for the new fiesta.

• Like 1

Saw one on Saturday. I'm sold.

Lots of nice little details too, like "FORD" written in the rear clusters. Interior is really nice, even the cheaper plastics lower down are better quality than the outgoing model.

Steering wheel is lovely as are the indicator stalks. (Small thing I know but they feel a bit flimsy on the Mk7 compared to the Focus). All the things you have frequent contact with have really gone up in quality, better than the Focus. Everything else has at least taken one step up from the previous generation.

When you are sat in the car the touch screen doesn't stick up as far as it looks in the pictures, so it doesn't intrude at all.

Roof has a nice touch on the cars without panoramic roof too, it has subtle ridges.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HappyJam said:

What I am jealous of though is the 6 gears. My fiesta only has 5, and whenever I'm driving, particularly on my long journeys up north, it really is missing a 6th gear. I hate seeing my car doing 3000+ revs at 80. So I do think that's an improvement for the new fiesta.

I agree about 6 gears and I really fancy adaptive cruise as well for those long motorway runs.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

In the end, I needed another car for a new, full-time and much higher paid job which has great tax-free mileage per month, so I ended up getting another Mark 7.5 Titanium, nine months old [66 reg] for £10,500. It was a Ford rep's car and had just under 10,000 on the clock. I did it on PCP with road tax, insurance and three years servicing thrown in. They filled the tank up and threw in some nice new car mats.

Picked it up yesterday and I now have a sleek looking Deep Impact blue Titanium sitting next to my beloved white one...which has suddenly become the "property" of my wife. :ohmy: :biggrin: I don't think I did too badly there, as the mileage payments will cover at least 50% of the monthly car payment.

On 24/07/2017 at 8:49 AM, HappyJam said:

I liked the look of it at first, but having looked at it more, I've really gone off.

The inside reminds me of a mazda with the centre console (ew mazda) and the outside just doesn't look all that great for me. Particularly the ST-Line version. I have a Fiesta ST-Line and comparing that to the all new fiesta st-line, I just can't help but think in terms of style it's gone downhill.

I did seriously look at the new model. I didn't like the floating console and the wife hated it, saying it would be too distracting and would prefer it built-in. The interior was ok, I thought it flowed well. It's the back end though...I just couldn't get past it looking like a Kia...the change wasn't radical enough for me. The real deal breaker though was the hike in prices and I wanted the equivalent in specification to what I already have. Alas, the financing was just too steep for me. Maybe in a year, I will trade-in the white Titanium and see where we go from there.

• Like 1

Like a few on here I'm not a fan of the new "Ford look". My previous Focus mark 2 pre-facelift was a much better looking car than the new model, as well as having just 3 doors and of course the famous 5-pot engine. I also feel my present 2016 Fiesta is much nicer looking. In both cases I find the more rounded and softer lines more appealing than the boxy back end and flat front of the new cars. They also seem to have too much design in them with angles of bodywork sticking all over the place like Mazda's. And those rear lights on the Focus....... yuk! That is just my opinion of the new "Ford look" and obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

No doubt in both cases the car is likely to be a technically 'better' car. In the cold light of day and with no emotion, the present 250PS Focus ST is a better than my old Focus ST 225PS and it's likely the new Fiesta will be a better car than the old one. I just wouldn't want one, even though I also miss 6 gears.

Specifically to the OP regarding seeing the car in actuality, I think pictures of the new Fiesta look a lot better than it does in real........ but, as I said..... in my opinion.

Still preferring the "old" shape from the outside. Don't like the bulbous look of the headlights from certain angles. 

Interior though is one vast improvement. The very dated interior of the mk7.5 was a gripe for me, mk8 is looking up-to-date. Have only seen the basic trim level, I should imagine that top spec. versions will be even better to look at. 

Just like the old model, I'm sure that USA / Europe will be getting more spec. / options as before, nevertheless, UK is getting heated steering wheel (available on mk7.5 in certain parts) and the impressive panoramic roof. 

I'd like to upgrade, but it would probably have to be Vignale trim only. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club