Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Opening via Rear Window Wiper

zKeiron

*MK6 07 plate Fiesta*

Any help on this? I changed my spoiler last night, but had to drill through the top of the boot to fit it on properly, now today I've just started to drive to work and as I cleared my back window I noticed my wiper was stuck at an unusual angle, when I got out I noticed my boot was unlocked and able to pull open. I think I've drilled through the wiring which connects this but I can't be 100% til I get home from work - is this an easy enough fix or am I having to look into getting a strap or something to hold it down? 

It's entirely possible you've drilled through the harness and shorted a few cables out. Should be an easy fix provided you can get to it. Nothing a little bit of soldering and heat shrink can't fix.

as a mk6 fiesta has a proper key hole in the tailgate you could just do without the electric tailgate release from the dashboard button or key fob. it's not the end of the world. remove the wiring connectors from the electronic thing that opens the lock.

Definitely damaged wires.
The wiper feed is shorting over to the boot solenoid feed.
Get it sorted or else the boot solenoid can burn out and you'll have the added problem of having to replace that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club