Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony DSP/Amp ACM Centre Speaker Subwoofer Issue

DJ_Andy_M

Googled how to access it. Hold down skip forward and eject.

30mins off worked. Backed to normal sound and did the test to confirm.

I'll mention it to my dealer. At least we both know it's not some quirk of just our car. Go to be a bad bit of software or common issue.

Let's try seeing where our cars have common ground. When was yours built. And have you had the head unit replaced (not the sync apim bit)

On 09/09/2017 at 8:20 PM, alexp999 said:

Just had the new issue of sub not working now. :(

I don't know about centre. I find it hard to tell it's working anyway.

Just leaving the car for 30mins to let it power down and see if it comes back.

@alexp999 - This is very interesting. I've had Ford Technical now look at my car. They also had it go wrong when in their presence. They took away a load of information from my car and were going to take it to the development level as there were aspects they had no access to. I'm still waiting to hear back. However, I'm going to mention this to my dealer now because it is certainly looking to be a software fault.

I've had the head unit replaced (mine's got the DSP built into it as opposed to seperate), the centre speaker, and the sub woofer have all been replaced so far. The next thing they were going to try potentially is the Sync module. 

Thank you for your update, I got a little excited to see that I am now not alone on this issue.

It's weird how my car was perfectly fine for nearly 2 years, then started having the static issue.

At least Ford managed to see it on yours, that's a big step. Normally you get no luck of an issue like this occurring with them on site.

My dealer doesn't know I've had the issue with disappearing Speakers yet, but your welcome to tell yours. If they want to see mine too, maybe they can give you a reference or contact name I can go with to my dealer.

Its a strange one isn't it! And yeah, very lucky for it to happen, and I'm glad (shame the clutch issue won't rear its ugly head too!)

I've just had an email back saying they want to replace the Sync module. So i'll let them do that and see what the result is.

I'll take a note of before and after version numbers to see if there is a secret software fix that they've deployed with it!

I'll PM you reference dealer info.

• 2 weeks later...

@alexp999 - Bit of an update... had my Sync screen replaced and the problem remains and actually happened on the forecourt the moment I started the car. The guys in the workshop said they should have put a bet down lol!

I've got mine going in for it's service next Weds and for them also to have another look (although I already showed it to someone on service desk), as the chief tech wants to further investigate.

I'll be mentioning your situation again. The fact we both had the static issue, which was fixed with the software update, but then introduced it's own problems. There has to be some strange hardware/software combo we both have that doesn't get along.

At this rate I'll have changed the car before they fix it :(

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I've got mine going in for it's service next Weds and for them also to have another look (although I already showed it to someone on service desk), as the chief tech wants to further investigate.

I'll be mentioning your situation again. The fact we both had the static issue, which was fixed with the software update, but then introduced it's own problems. There has to be some strange hardware/software combo we both have that doesn't get along.

At this rate I'll have changed the car before they fix it :(

It's a software bug, I'm convinced of that. But the question is, where? Is it the ACM? Sync? APIM?

I'm also pretty convinced that since the update the quality has reduced and cross over programming is awful as I'm sure bass is being driven to the tweeters. But I can't remember if there is separate wiring for the door tweeters and bass. Also the rear Speakers aren't as loud as the front.

Just had a call from the dealer to say my car's ready to pick up.

They've said Ford are working on a software update to fix this issue, so as soon as it's released they'll get me back in to apply it. Don't know if you've been told the same?

On 04/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, alexp999 said:

Just had a call from the dealer to say my car's ready to pick up.

They've said Ford are working on a software update to fix this issue, so as soon as it's released they'll get me back in to apply it. Don't know if you've been told the same?

Not been told that specifically no. I need to chase up my dealer in that respect actually!

Makes me wonder if anyone else has had the issue, or if that is the result of me pushing for the last year to get my audio fixed!?

They said there is some bulletin or notice that Fors are aware of a problem with strange speaker behaviour and they are working on n update to fix it.

It's more than I got out of them for the speed warning issue so there is a bit of hope. How long it will take to get the update though I don't know.

• 7 months later...

Well the car is back in for head unit number 3 and the same software that they've been on since our last postings. I'll bet money that it doesn't fix it, and I'll stand in the Ford dealers and actually eat my shoe if it does fix it.

I had the entire audio output go down over the weekend. No stereo, no touch sounds, no voice commands, no sound symposer. The ST is really quiet without it.

Worked fine the next time I started the car though.

21 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I had the entire audio output go down over the weekend. No stereo, no touch sounds, no voice commands, no sound symposer. The ST is really quiet without it.

Worked fine the next time I started the car though.

That's really strange. Almost like the white noise issue without the noise!

Had my new head unit fitted, and it looks like quite a large update was applied according to the dealer. Only driven it for a short period yesterday and this morning so we'll see over the weekend if they've finally solved it!

Well.... That didn't fix it. I wish they would just replace the system with Sync 3 or just give me a new car. Selling the car isn't an option as I won't recover the money I bought it for unless I can win in challenging under the sales of goods act or similar.

I don't know if sync 3 would make any difference as it's the audio module which has the issue afaik. Sync 3 just sends it what to play. That's why my sound symposer broke but sync 2 carried on as normal.

• 2 years later...

Did anyone get to the bottom of this? My 2018 Focus ST has started doing the exact same thing, no sound from centre or Sub when running the test sequence

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone fixed this issue?

I have exactly the same issue in my Focus RS 2018 with "premium" Sony soundsystem and Sync 3(without Ampli in boot).

• Sad 1

• 10 months later...

Exactly the same problem with my 2018 ST. Wish there were a solution for this..

• 7 months later...

Ok, so anyone having this issue, I have one solution. Problem is the same as above, the sub and the center randomly "drop out" and it only begins to work when you stop the car, open the door wait a while and restart it.

I have a 2018 DYB focus ST with SYNC3. I have a jbl basspro hub subwoofer. Forscan showed two DTC-s in the Audio Control Module (ACM):  B1A11, B1A12 wich means circuit of the speaker short to battery or open.

Bought a Helix AAC.3 wich has an ADEP 3 circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection), AND IT WORKS!!! Now I don't have any DTC-s, ACM working fine! Hope this will help someone else with this annoying issue.

On 9/23/2022 at 12:21 AM, messtudio said:

Ok, so anyone having this issue, I have one solution. Problem is the same as above, the sub and the center randomly "drop out" and it only begins to work when you stop the car, open the door wait a while and restart it.

I have a 2018 DYB focus ST with SYNC3. I have a jbl basspro hub subwoofer. Forscan showed two DTC-s in the Audio Control Module (ACM):  B1A11, B1A12 wich means circuit of the speaker short to battery or open.

Bought a Helix AAC.3 wich has an ADEP 3 circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection), AND IT WORKS!!! Now I don't have any DTC-s, ACM working fine! Hope this will help someone else with this annoying issue.

Sorry about that, only the dtc-s gone, the issue still the same

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...

Hi, I also have this issue now after a battery replacement. Any progress with this??????? Cheers

• 9 months later...

Hi, I have a 2016 and a 2018 EU Focus RS and both have the exact same problem where the center and sub channels turn off while driving - sometimes immediately, sometimes after a while, sometimes not at all. It's been driving me crazy

I've had Ford look at it and they said they can't do anything other than replace the amp, which would cost a fortune

I also have a custom sub added to the 2018 which gets signal from the original subs wires and it does the same, even if the oem sub is disconnected (which means it's not overheating)

has anyone found a solution to this, other than turning off the car, opening the dors and waiting 30 secs?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club