Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Place to Buy?

Maffoo

I was gonna get a used Fez, but thought f' it and buy new! I specced one up on the ford website and it came to about £17k, but I've been searching around and found it cheaper elsewhere.

I got it down to about £13.5k on AutoeBid, which seems amazing. I'm just confused about the car not being registered to me, but to the dealer, thing... (

DealDrivers seems pretty good too

Would it be advisable doing it through a website like that? Or do you reckon if I mentioned to my dealer (Dagenham Motors, Edgware) that I'd found it online at that price then they'd match it?

Or should I just look around dealerships and find one that's already been built with deliver mileage?

There was a guy who used to be active many moons ago who used DealDrivers and seemed to have no problem with it :)

Keith C also used dealdrivers I believe and says good things...

I got just as much discount myself from a dealer as dealdrivers quoted, so it can be done from your average dealer :D

What spec are you considering?

3dr 1.6 TDCi Titanium, tech pack, dress up kit and illuminated interior pack. Not sure on colour yet, torn between frozen white, colorado red (freebies :) ) and sea grey

That came to £17K? !Removed! hell, the prices have increased several times lately.

My car's list price was £15400 - I paid £12100.

Oh, and white rocks - the dressed up car looks great in white.

yep, I used Dealdrivers and my local delaer couldn't get near. No probs whatsoever and delivered direct to the door.

If I have any problems, then I will take it to the local dealer, warranty is valid countrywide.

The only problem for me would be the wait. 12-13 weeks seems agonising! :(

You can expect that sort of wait at the dealer too for a highly specced up car like you want..

Is there none you can find used with the spec you want? :)

SO long as your not buying a Ford Fiesta you wont face any delay or dealer problems :)

Oh wait a sec....

:P

I was tempted to buy a used one and compromise on some stuff (tech pack for instance) but for about a grand more I could get a brand new one... But I currently don't have a car so I'm really torn about having to wait.

I won't get the money to pay for it until April and I can guarantee I won't be able to get £1300 worth of finance on my name... No chance I could order now and pay when I get it?

I was tempted to buy a used one and compromise on some stuff (tech pack for instance) but for about a grand more I could get a brand new one... But I currently don't have a car so I'm really torn about having to wait.

I won't get the money to pay for it until April and I can guarantee I won't be able to get £1300 worth of finance on my name... No chance I could order now and pay when I get it?

Generally dealers only ask for a deposit when you order (I paid £500) and then the ballance of that (either your own money or finance) when they actually give you the car.

So if the wait is 12 weeks, if you ordered today you could pay £500 - £1000 now and pay the remaining when the car arrives in early April.....assuming the 12 weeks turns out to be 12 weeks.

yep, I used Dealdrivers and my local delaer couldn't get near. No probs whatsoever and delivered direct to the door.

If I have any problems, then I will take it to the local dealer, warranty is valid countrywide.

just to make clear, you don't buy the car from Dealdrivers, all they do is put you in touch with a Ford main dealer and then you deal with the main dealer, you pay Dealdrivers nothing and after the initial price agreement that they agree with the dealer, you don't need to deal with Dealdrivers again.

Ah so I can pay a deposit? Excellent :) I may be going for a test drive or two this week then :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club