Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spray Paint

Baggi0

Hi guys,

Someone has scraped the back of my car when I was parked up so need some spray paint and lacquer to cover the scratches.

Where is the cheapest place to get spray paint from?  I went to Halfords yesterday and they didn't have the metallic paint in I needed but I could order it in with the lacquer for £15 whereas Buying it from Ford will cost £24.50

Am I just best getting the proper stuff from Ford instead of cheaper stuff and is there anywhere that sells the original or unofficial paint (if it's any good) cheaper?

Thanks

I bought genuine Ford spray paint from amazon for my car in 'Avalon'. Got a genuine Ford tin of paint and a tin of clear coat for £16.

I remember once going to Halfords where they said they'd have to make a tin of paint up for a car I had, when they looked into mixing the paint the colour they thought it was was nowhere near the colour my car actually was!!!

IMG_1612.PNG

Edited by Russ
Added photo

Cheers mate, I'll steer clear of Halfords then lol

I just had a look at the same seller on amazon and it's £18.28 for Panther Black and £5 delivery so it's near enough what Ford are selling it for.

I have got the touch-up paint in a bottle but it isn't working very well so I thought it would be a lot easier getting a few nice thin even coats on top of each other spraying it rather than thick strokes with the brush haha.  I'll probably just bite the bullet and go to my local Ford dealer soon and get some proper stuff.

Does it go out of date?  I don't mind as much if I can use in the future if I get some donut scrapes the back or bangs their door on mine in the carpark again.

Nice thanks.

They certainly sound the part, have you used this brand before?

How was it?

Placed an order yesterday due to be delivered next Monday/Wednesday.

• Like 1

Halfords paint is not bad but for a perfect colour match ide obv say ford

• Like 1

i bought some ford frozen white from halford's from what i can see its perfect match. i did my washer jets with the spray, and cant fault it 

6 minutes ago, AlexBartlam said:

i bought some ford frozen white from halford's from what i can see its perfect match. i did my washer jets with the spray, and cant fault it 

Depends on colour ide say for my blue ide say the match was average would go ford next time just depends 

The only reason im wary about mine is that there are little silver speckles in the black and every can of panther black I've looked at looks just pure black.

I tried contacting the seller on eBay to see if it was the same colour code as Ford (jaycwwa) but I keep getting the message 

Unfortunately, due to the high number of emails this seller receives, they aren't able to respond to your specific question right now.

and Halfords say their spray is an exact match for the codes: 17V, D, G, G, 2851CM & JAYC,  which has half of my code, so I don't know what to do.   The fact of how small the official Ford cans does my nut in for the price as well, every other one is at least twice the size and cheaper lol

On 25/07/2017 at 11:06 PM, Baggi0 said:

Nice thanks.

They certainly sound the part, have you used this brand before?

How was it?

I had some brush on vision paint from them - aside from it leaking in the packaging - it was a perfect match.

On 27/07/2017 at 11:22 AM, Micro said:

I had some brush on vision paint from them - aside from it leaking in the packaging - it was a perfect match.

You've convinced me to order some :smile:

I'll post an update when I've tested it out.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've done my car and the spray was bang on and I will definitely be getting my paint from that seller again in the future.

Thanks @eddie eastwood on pointing them out to me  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

So I've done my car and the spray was bang on and I will definitely be getting my paint from that seller again in the future.

Thanks @eddie eastwood on pointing them out to me  :thumbsup:

Might order some of that myself. Seller is a few miles away up the road from me :) Any before and after pics ?

On 09/08/2017 at 1:32 PM, kpg said:

Might order some of that myself. Seller is a few miles away up the road from me :) Any before and after pics ?

I completely forgot to take before pictures but ill take some tomorrow of the end results.

• Like 1

Heres some pictures.

It's in a hard place to get a good picture tbh because of the light reflections.

The one I circled looks like there is a scratch on it still but there isn't and if you zoom up you can see where I've done with it being a little hazy and some orange peel.

This was my first ever attempt at this and I think I did an alright job. The scratches took all the paint off so it's a massive difference.    I still need to finish it off though with some rubbing compound, wax and buff it.

When I get round to doing it I'll post some more pics of it fully done and hopefully shiny lol.

IMG_0320_LI.jpg

IMG_0322.JPG

• Like 1

Heres some pictures.
It's in a hard place to get a good picture tbh because of the light reflections.
The one I circled looks like there is a scratch on it still but there isn't and if you zoom up you can see where I've done with it being a little hazy and some orange peel.
This was my first ever attempt at this and I think I did an alright job. The scratches took all the paint off so it's a massive difference.    I still need to finish it off though with some rubbing compound, wax and buff it.
When I get round to doing it I'll post some more pics of it fully done and hopefully shiny lol.

IMG_0320_LI.thumb.jpg.969ee58af3924c1918602af0f6653dde.jpg
IMG_0322.thumb.JPG.8270f0587b18d3eaf257159f6c7d45fb.JPG
Looks a good enough job there pal. As long as you're happy with it.

If it was me I'd prob give it another to but that's just my preference :)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I think I will tbh.  I'm going to borrow a polisher and go over it with some rubbing compound after I've done it again.

I got this to blend and remove the orange peel but after I've used that do I need to polish it with a fine finishing compound or just wax it to get the glossy shine back?

Watching youtube about which way to do it has just scrambled my brain lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club