Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hidden exhaust outlet

Tania T

Hiyaaa! 

Newbie here with a newly acquired mk7 1.4tdci.

Tastefully checking out small mods and thought a nice tailpipe would be neat then kinda noted it hasn't a visible pipe. It's obviously hiding behind the rear valance somewhere?

is it directly behind it or do I need to get a different rear panel to expose it?

Just have a look underneath. You can see the tip end a foot or so behind the diffuser. You need a new rear diffuser and you can extend the tip. Whether they line up is another thing. Of course you can go underneather your existing trim, but that would look so daft it's unreal.

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Just have a look underneath. You can see the tip end a foot or so behind the diffuser. You need a new rear diffuser and you can extend the tip. Whether they line up is another thing. Of course you can go underneather your existing trim, but that would look so daft it's unreal.

Mine had was underneath the diffuser when I bought it, the previous owner slapped an after market black box on and it look bad and made a right mess. Wouldn't recommend it.

Carefully trim the diffuser to fit the tail pipe you fit. Check Halfords or Demon Tweeks.

Found a pic.

Photo0074.jpg

On 26/07/2017 at 5:20 PM, karl46 said:

Found a pic.

Photo0074.jpg

You get away with that because that looks like a zetec s diffuser. If you try and cut the standard one it may look a bit daft if you get the profile slightly wrong. You would never notice the hole around the exhaust on the pic above.

i cut my deffuser to allow room for mine. looks pretty good, but why not get a shop to weld the tail pipes and fab a slight curve on it so it fits the existing cut out.

6 minutes ago, AlexBartlam said:

i cut my deffuser to allow room for mine. looks pretty good, but why not get a shop to weld the tail pipes and fab a slight curve on it so it fits the existing cut out.

Mine looks like this, so doesn't have a cut out (unless there is a piece that pops out).

20170728_113016.jpg

ah right mines the honeycomb one