Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One touch windows down but not up

Nick1987

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows wether if you have one touch down enabled, should the one touch up be enabled also?

As you may have guessed mine only goes down but not up with the one touch.

Thanks in advance!

Mine is one touch down also but not up. Thought that's how all cars were supposed to be tbh. Now you've got me thinking... Lol

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

Is this a 'feature' or have the cars just 'forgotten' the top stop I wonder...

Does your switch feel like it has two positions, (like when you press the down button you should be able to feel one point that you can push teh switch to and the window will stop when you let go, then there is a second 'further' position you can press it to that does the one-touch down.

If the switch has a similar feel on the 'up' then you may need to just reteach the auto-up where the closed position is (this is common if the battery has been disconnected etc).

Do the window up by holding the switch in the up position until it is closed. Once the window is closed release the switch, then press it 'up' again and hold it for ~5 seconds.
Now try one-touch down, and then see if one-touch up is working.

Haven't noticed tbh but have changed battery while back n you got me wanting to do it now lol, will check when next in it later 

• Like 1

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63555-One-Touch-Electric-Windows-Problem

OP might find this thread useful. Talks about wind deflectors and other obstructions and disconnecting the battery as issues requiring a one - touch reset. Seems to have worked for some people there

Mine is one touch both ways, I reckon the guys who's cars are only 1 touch down need to do the window reset procedure as mentioned by Schmill.

• Like 1

i was under the impression you had to have all 4 electric windows for this feature to work ..only the drivers side is 1 touch down on mine ..passenger side is hold button in both directions

• Like 1

I have 4 electric windows and the driver's side doesn't close 1 touch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Will try the above fix. I haven't had a battery disconnect or wind deflector fitted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mine is now both 1 touch up n down happy days 👍

• Like 3

Tried the above fix, but no joy.

Passenger window is fine?

Further to my old post I tried the rear windows even there 1 touch up and down sorry to rub it in like 

• Like 3

I imagine you might have global closing too then!
Open your windows, turn off ignition etc, then when you lock with the key fob hold the lock button for a few seconds and see if the windows close [emoji106]
Similarly you might be able to hold the unlock button and get them all to open [emoji6]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

yes mate I got the titanium mint feature 

• Like 1

Tried resetting mine earlier.

window down, then window up,

held for two seconds then released,

then held in up position for about five seconds and heard a click,

tried to lower window and nothing grrrr.

Looks like mine don't have it or I'm doing something wrong

Mine actually has these buttons which looks like if you press the one on the right twice (because it's a double arrow) it will be one touch down. This is exactly what happens.

The one on the left (single arrow) looks like there's only 1 button/ 1 press needed. No matter how many times you press this one, there's no one touch down.

Maybe check your buttons and see if this gives you a clue [emoji4]07f8f7c090229b91241cee3337490fc5.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

One touch passenger window only goes up if I keep my finger on switch then bounces back down a few inches. Does the same with driver side switch as well.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Johnber said:

One touch passenger window only goes up if I keep my finger on switch then bounces back down a few inches. Does the same with driver side switch as well.

A 5 year gap? 🤣 Some previous posters may well be dead by now! Oh well, great to know all about your window button LOL

• Like 1

It's very surprising that Ford never thought to put a section in the owners handbook about programming the one touch windows 🤔. You would have also expected that they may have put something in about switching off the bounce back function if not required.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, iantt said:

No one like a smart *****!! 

That's a shame as I often consider myself to be one 😅

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

That's a shame as I often consider myself to be one 😅

Don't worry, we  concider you as one too. 

I must admit to being one too. Well according to my boss I am. He has told me  that a few times when I've belittled him pointing out his incompetence 

Not my fault he's  an idiot. 🤣🤣🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club