Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta front fog lights?

callumjones1337@hotmail.co

My fiesta doesn't have front fog lights. I have looked on eBay and I can purchase the panels where the bulbs/lights can fit. I was just wondering if it's possible to fit them so they can turn on as the same time as turning on the rear fog light?

My fiesta looks like - 

Image result for fiesta red style 2013

I doubt the wiring harness will be there, so you would have to splice into the rear fog light and run a wire to each front fog light. Sounds like a bit too much work for the reward tbh. I haven't even used my fog lights since I bought this car. Small add ons like this end up being far cheaper (and more value to the car) if you just had them included in a higher trim car. 

yep its possible

remove the headlight switch , tap into the wire that powers the rear fog light with a scotchlock connector and connect a wire from there and run it into the engine bay.

in the engine bay mount a 12v relay in an accessible location and connect the wire from the light switch to the coil / switching terminal of the relay

then take a supply from the battery with a 30A inline fuse and connect that to the power  / supply terminal of the relay

next take an earth from any part of the chassis and connect that to the negative terminal of the relay

finally take a feed and a negative earth to each of the front fog light positions and connect the feeds to the output / load terminal of the relay.

cover all cables and wires with either pvc spiral wrap or cloth auto tape for protection and crimp on waterproof connectors to plug into fog lights.

simples  :-)

• Like 1

I have a 2015 Fiesta Style without front fog lights. There is a button where the Zetec has the front fog light button. The button does go in and out when you press it but it has no image printed on the button. But it might actually have electrical bits within it. I am not going to dismantle to check. Also I would not be all that suprised if the fog light wires are in situ.  would they really have made a different loom for the Style than the Zetec. I know the Zetec has lower spec but some of things like Quickclear windscreen were optional extras on the Style so there are reasons why it might have been in Ford's interests to stick to a common loom.  I am guessing a bit. Also even if wires there it might need a fuse and perhaps a relay inserting in the relevant fuse box slots

Anyway I think the only practical use of front fog lights is to use them if one of your headlamp bulbs blows. One headlamp and the fog lights is much safer than one headlamp and a dim sidelight on the other side (from the point of view of people coming towards you recognising you are a car and not motorbike).  This is the only time I have used front fog lights.

If front fog lights were that good they would have been compulsory

If you tap into the rear fog light then when you want to use the front fogs then won't the rear fog light also come on? That's not ideal at all. If you are the lead car in a line of traffic then you will need you fogs on, providing its foggy of course, but you won't want your rear fog light on. The car behind you knows you are there and he won't thank you for blinding him, expect to have someones high beam in your mirrors. To do it properly you are going to need a switch, 4 pin relay, appropriately gauged wire, in line fuse holder, fuse, bumper inserts and bulbs

As above, if you are lucky then the wiring will all be there, as it is with many applications. If not you will have to use the above kit and follow the diagram below. Remember. You need to get a wire into the passenger compartment from the engine. 

IMG_2223.JPG

Edited by Jonro2009
Incorrect link
  • Like 2

It's a lot of hassle to go through just for the fog lights I know, but i'm trying to make my fiesta look like the black/red edition (just put on some black alloys). The only thing which is bugging me is the fact I don't have any fog lights at the front because I think it looks so much better on the fiesta. I will probably go through it, will update if I do it with pictures. Thanks guys

If it was just for aesthetics you could always just fit the lights but not wire them up. Given how rarely they are used (correctly at least!) no one would be any the wiser! 

• Like 3

That's a good idea @MJNewton you can always go back and wire them in at a later date. Some proper CREE bulbs in the DRLs will look a lot better than the standard bulbs. Getting the roof and mirrors wrapped shouldn't be too expensive either, to get the red edition look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

That's a good idea @MJNewton you can always go back and wire them in at a later date. Some proper CREE bulbs in the DRLs will look a lot better than the standard bulbs. Getting the roof and mirrors wrapped shouldn't be too expensive either, to get the red edition look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very true, I've found some fog lights and panels on eBay for about £30 so I will buy them soon and put them in. I'm looking to get roof, wing mirrors & door handles black either wrapped of spray... not too sure yet.

• Like 1

it would give me many sleepless nights to know i fitted an accessory just for show but that it didnt  actually work lol

have a look under the front bumper and see if the wires / plugs for fogs are taped up or shoved out the way somewhere close by. in the engine bay

if they are there , i'm 99% sure that the entire wiring loom for  front fogs will be installed all the way back to the cabin headlamp switch

you will still need to fit a fuse  + relay and replace the light switch unit to one that has a button for front fogs.but thats only an hours work and at least you dont have to install any wiring,,,,,,,,,

the dashboard front fog light indicator will automatically start working once the relay is inserted

yay :-)

45 minutes ago, biff55 said:

it would give me many sleepless nights to know i fitted an accessory just for show but that it didnt  actually work lol

I do know exactly where you're coming from... :laugh:

16 hours ago, biff55 said:

have a look under the front bumper and see if the wires / plugs for fogs are taped up or shoved out the way somewhere close by. in the engine bay

if they are there , i'm 99% sure that the entire wiring loom for  front fogs will be installed all the way back to the cabin headlamp switch

you will still need to fit a fuse  + relay and replace the light switch unit to one that has a button for front fogs.but thats only an hours work and at least you dont have to install any wiring,,,,,,,,,

the dashboard front fog light indicator will automatically start working once the relay is inserted

yay :-)

Will have a look tomorrow and see if they are any wires/plugs. Thanks Biff

On 26/07/2017 at 10:39 PM, isetta said:

If front fog lights were that good they would have been compulsory

The extra lights manufacturers put on the front of cars merely have to meet the requirements of daytime position lights - height off ground, distance from the side of vehicle, dazzle control etc. Outside this, there is no official standard of a front fog light because there's no need for any.

The idea of a front fog lamp (if properly designed and used) is that a fan pattern is supposed to help a driver see the edge of the road and the angle is such that the light doesn't get reflected straight back from the fog as from a headlamp (hence using them with headlamps negates any benefit they might have). On the other hand, a rear fog lamp has the sole purpose of helping others to see you, which does require a standard.

I have to say that I have not, in perhaps 30 years, encountered a thick fog that needs additional lamps.

Just a word of advice, the cost to make your car look like a zetec-s would be about the same as what it would be to pay the difference to upgrade if you did ir from the get go. Plus yours won't hold the value at all. You can spend thousands and only add a couple hundred quid in value. 

• 2 years later...

my fiesta doesnt have a fog light but when I checked the cover of the fog lamp there is  a wiring harness... question is what is the purpose of this harness??it is okay if i put fog lamp and connect it?it is working?thank you and gobless

my fiesta doesnt have a fog light but when I checked the cover of the fog lamp there is  a wiring harness... question is what is the purpose of this harness??it is okay if i put fog lamp and connect it?it is working?thank you and gobless

I added factory front fogs to my old mk6 and yes the main harness in the car was already in place, so chances are it is the same in the mk7 however with the mk7 you will have to program them into the car using a modified elm327 (like this one) https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F143476502989

You will have to use this along with an extended FORscan licence (free) you will also need front fog light switch like this one.... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254323348605

If your car is a facelift (2006-2008) then that one is correct it also has the electric mirror connector so if you decide to add them at a later date then that option will still be open for you [emoji106]

I have id’d connectors for you.... 92b9fa9f5268fe56e711936dfee48fa8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2017 at 5:17 PM, biff55 said:
On 7/26/2017 at 5:17 PM, biff55 said:

yep its possible

remove the headlight switch , tap into the wire that powers the rear fog light with a scotchlock connector and connect a wire from there and run it into the engine bay.

in the engine bay mount a 12v relay in an accessible location and connect the wire from the light switch to the coil / switching terminal of the relay

then take a supply from the battery with a 30A inline fuse and connect that to the power  / supply terminal of the relay

next take an earth from any part of the chassis and connect that to the negative terminal of the relay

finally take a feed and a negative earth to each of the front fog light positions and connect the feeds to the output / load terminal of the relay.

cover all cables and wires with either pvc spiral wrap or cloth auto tape for protection and crimp on waterproof connectors to plug into fog lights.

simples 🙂

Any idea if this would work on a MK5 (1999) fiesta? I’m trying to get the Zetec S fogs wired in as my Finesse doesn’t have a any wiring for front fogs. 🙂

• 5 months later...

anyone know how to remove the headlight foglight switch panel on a 2009 fiesta.