Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*Black Beauty* - Fiesta Mk6 Build Thread

zagobir

I also painted my calipers in gold.
Gripping onto Black Diamond drilled & grooved Discs & black Diamond predator pads.
Yunii62c37ee6325f46044b60ad0d602305a9.jpg38517568cf7f71dda2f701c239c99367.jpgb23f04bb9aa31204f28f0ba88c4069b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Looks awesome Yunii

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I don't know whever to paint my calipers red or gloss black. Was thinking red as it suits the sporty looks of the car but then gloss black makes it look clean and doesn't attract a lot of attention. Firstly want to do a rear disc brake beam conversion before I paint the calipers. 
Most people go for red or yellow when it comes to calipers, but I think gloss black is a nice idea. Not too common [emoji5]
What's this conversion about?

27 minutes ago, zagobir said:

Most people go for red or yellow when it comes to calipers, but I think gloss black is a nice idea. Not too common emoji5.png
What's this conversion about?

On the rear beam of the mk6 fiestas they have drum brakes however on the ST they have disc brakes in the rear. You can get the rear beam off an ST and swap it over for the drums and as its on an ST you'll know it'll fit on other model fiestas. If I do this it'll be better to paint the calipers after as there'll be calipers in the front and rear. You'll also have to get a different handbrake cable. 

Looks awesome Yunii

Thanks
Needs to be done again.
I'm thinking of a different colour next time.
Seen as i'll be doing 'project mountune '
Soon maybe yellow , but its too much in your face. Or even Blue. I may wait till i can i can find full rear brake discs conversion parts from breakers . Currently painted drums with silver Hammerite.
Yunii92afbebbd0082967ba2268a7097906c8.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yunii said:

Thanks
Needs to be done again.
I'm thinking of a different colour next time.
Seen as i'll be doing 'project mountune '
Soon maybe yellow , but its too much in your face. Or even Blue. I may wait till i can i can find full rear brake discs conversion parts from breakers . Currently painted drums with silver Hammerite.
Yunii92afbebbd0082967ba2268a7097906c8.jpg

That silver makes the drum look like disc brakes which is a good illusion. On my car the drums are black. Don't know if they were painted at one point. If I don't get that convertion done I might paint it gloss black but that silver doesn't look bad at all 

• Like 2

On the rear beam of the mk6 fiestas they have drum brakes however on the ST they have disc brakes in the rear. You can get the rear beam off an ST and swap it over for the drums and as its on an ST you'll know it'll fit on other model fiestas. If I do this it'll be better to paint the calipers after as there'll be calipers in the front and rear. You'll also have to get a different handbrake cable. 
Ahh I follow! Was going to jump on the band wagon until I heard 'handbrake cable' [emoji28]

I'm not sure what it does in terms of performance but it certainly looks much better!

27 minutes ago, zagobir said:

Ahh I follow! Was going to jump on the band wagon until I heard 'handbrake cable' emoji28.png

I'm not sure what it does in terms of performance but it certainly looks much better!

Well at first I thought it would help in braking but since the front brakes do the most work it's kind of a visual upgrade. It's kind of easier working on discs than drums. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick and easy rainy day mods! [emoji92][emoji92] 1b9b76152dbb300db7a57343744a109f.jpg3fa796ea2c0333265f0e0c53b00a389f.jpgcfef05f9ca8c7326f8b9d82584c54d39.jpg06923d49340d75c7ce189d13ee20a03d.jpg

Looks like a nice finish [emoji106] your painting skills are coming along nicely.... have you thought about changing the colour of your window/heated front/rear screen and headlight switches? On my old mk6 I got blue, made a huge difference plus I’m sure if you search eBay you will find someone who will be able to do it to the colour of your choice....... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232600341737

• Like 1

Looks like a nice finish [emoji106] your painting skills are coming along nicely.... have you thought about changing the colour of your window/heated front/rear screen and headlight switches? On my old mk6 I got blue, made a huge difference plus I’m sure if you search Ebay you will find someone who will be able to do it to the colour of your choice....... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232600341737
Why thank you [emoji5]

Yes, it has been mentioned above (like waaaaay way above lol) but just wasn't sure what colour I'd rather have, so that job has sat on the back burner. Quite happy with green for the mo!

Can only apologise for not seeing any mention of the led colour change, [emoji85] 26 pages is a lot of reading lol.

Can only apologise for not seeing any mention of the led colour change, [emoji85] 26 pages is a lot of reading lol.
Hence my brackets, as I wouldn't expect you to memorise my whole thread [emoji23] Deffo get bonus points if you do though! [emoji12]

2 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Looks like a nice finish emoji106.png your painting skills are coming along nicely.... have you thought about changing the colour of your window/heated front/rear screen and headlight switches? On my old mk6 I got blue, made a huge difference plus I’m sure if you search Ebay you will find someone who will be able to do it to the colour of your choice....... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232600341737

That's does look good compared to the stock green lights. Years back my dad had a mk1 focus ghia saloon 1.8 diesel. He wired in blue lights in all the green interior lights. Lol in the MOT centre the guy said this car must be owned by a boy racer when he saw those lights. Sometime after he changed the lights to red as he's been looking at how audi do that. 

Vent trims do look good. Don't think I'll be touching mine as it compliments the stainless steel door handles. 

Vent trims do look good. Don't think I'll be touching mine as it compliments the stainless steel door handles. 

Was thinking this a couple of hours ago 🤦🏽‍♀️ Might have to go back to black door handles...

29 minutes ago, zagobir said:

Was thinking this a couple of hours ago 🤦🏽‍♀️ Might have to go back to black door handles...

What colour is your door handles? You could install an Aux port (just spotted in your pics). Don't know if you have the factory stereo. You can buy the port from Ford. 

What colour is your door handles? You could install an Aux port (just spotted in your pics). Don't know if you have the factory stereo. You can buy the port from Ford. 
They're silver too [emoji5]

I got a Parrot Kit some months back. Allows me to connect my device via bluetooth, USB or AUX to play music and make/receive phone calls all while keeping the factory stereo [emoji1419]

• Like 1

Yes, I managed to get more gold on her! Aaaaaand, my dad let me use the garage! [emoji16]

d1686d79699dac55bb7f5a7764053121.jpg3a738e10b0b95162a00835197331c748.jpg72ff4bd06a057430732ded9a8ee2ac5c.jpgf6f16a869795ee520f0c64222755bf54.jpg9052e263f2e43c3885af4dea40004c00.jpg

Thoughts? Think I was a bit impatient with it - I think I can get it straighter/neater than it currently is so may end up re-doing this soon to get a better end result.

7c180257f745924a92ac42a8c79db8fc.jpgaf75b5028d299fab9c6a7473065f7fac.jpg

Also tried out some suspicious looking German window foam that my dad got. Works wonders! Look at that shine!! [emoji41][emoji92] (Can't say much for the rest of the car though [emoji87])

• Like 1

It does look good 👍 I think like you said could try straightening it a little. The weather atm is just making cars really dirty. I only get time to clean the car during half term holidays eg winter, Easter and summer holidays.

On my previous car I wrapped the mirror covers in carbon fibre. With wrapping you have to be patient so you don't get any creases. Stuff like this you have to control that impatient feeling. 

Screenshot_20180118-201444.png

• Like 1

It does look good [emoji106] I think like you said could try straightening it a little. The weather atm is just making cars really dirty. I only get time to clean the car during half term holidays eg winter, Easter and summer holidays.
On my previous car I wrapped the mirror covers in carbon fibre. With wrapping you have to be patient so you don't get any creases. Stuff like this you have to control that impatient feeling. 
Screenshot_20180118-201444.thumb.png.760b57ae2c63f0e6e8cb400181b17d44.png
Yeah will give it another go I think.

Ugh honestly! I drove to Essex and back the other day during that massive storm - got pelted by muddy water from trucks and some flooded parts of the M11! My rear looks filthy [emoji13]

That wrap looks really good! Been on the hunt for some colour coded plastics but may do a gloss black wrap instead now that I've seen that...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zagobir said:

Yeah will give it another go I think.

Ugh honestly! I drove to Essex and back the other day during that massive storm - got pelted by muddy water from trucks and some flooded parts of the M11! My rear looks filthy emoji13.png

That wrap looks really good! Been on the hunt for some colour coded plastics but may do a gloss black wrap instead now that I've seen that...

Lol I swear I started to wonder if I should get gloss black vinyl wrap and wrap the mirror covers and door trims 😂. I might still get it painted but not sure when. I'm planning on getting the car remapped in the summer so would be a cost effective way to just wrap those things in the meantime. 

Lol I swear I started to wonder if I should get gloss black vinyl wrap and wrap the mirror covers and door trims [emoji23]. I might still get it painted but not sure when. I'm planning on getting the car remapped in the summer so would be a cost effective way to just wrap those things in the meantime. 
Sounds like a good plan tbh!

Haha yeah I've been debating painting vs. scrap parts but haven't decided yet... Wrapping would be a quick fix though. I'd say do that until you've done your re-map and then you can plan for a paint job [emoji16]

• 2 weeks later...

She’s so pretty!! 😍 

Only just joined this site and already got loads of inspo from you.

She’s so pretty!! [emoji7] 
Only just joined this site and already got loads of inspo from you.
Thank you! [emoji16]

Ahhh, that makes my heart warm! [emoji5] Let us know if you get a thread of your own going and I can keep up with your progress that way [emoji5]

12 minutes ago, zagobir said:

Thank you! emoji16.png

Ahhh, that makes my heart warm! emoji5.png Let us know if you get a thread of your own going and I can keep up with your progress that way emoji5.png

Youre more than welcome :) 

is the build thread a common thing? Still trying to navigate my way around here 🙈 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club