zagobir

*Black Beauty* - Fiesta Mk6 Build Thread

Recommended Posts

loving the head lights they are a nice touch. looks to have been done very well

Thank you! My accomplice did an exceptional job. I haven't finished thanking him yet lol

 

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Looking good, certainly unique. I’d like to have the confidence to heat my lights and open them up but that isn’t going to happen, I burn cereal lol.
was it expensive to get done? If you’d rather not say then don’t worry. I’m not really seeing the ‘glitter’ but the camera never really does these things justice. 
Thanks a lot Haha no I didn't either. I've read heaps about the process but still didn't trust myself to do it! Heat gun/hair dryer is another good option if you're ever feeling brave lol.

They were more of a gift so I just covered the cost of materials (pair of headlights, bulbs, paints etc) - sorry, not too helpful. The glitter is very subtle! See the below picture. There's added glitter in between the ring and the black casing if you see where I mean... I agree though that the picture quality has been significantly reduced
14f2a3cfd69d596f09e056635e677f7d.jpg

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To be honest it looks good. The gold doesn't stand out too much which I'd say is good in headlights. Also good that you detangoed the indicators when you had the opportunity. Its hard to tell but did you fit chrome bulbs in? I'd be scared myself opening up my headlights . Need to give mine a good polish to remove the hazing. 
Also did you wrap the right mirror cover in gold? 
Much appreciated! Thank you - I think it's subtle enough and goes nicely with the other gold accents on my car. Relieved it all tied together nicely as it was hard to tell from picture alone whilst they were being made miles away from me.

De-tangoing (along with chrome indicator bulbs, yes) was something the pro himself recommended. Now that it's done, I can't imagine what gold and orange would look like

Haha completely understandable. As above, I don't think I'd do too well with this myself.

What's up with your headlights? Have they been scratched, or just getting cloudy? Oh, and as@Jonro2009 said, must be a trick of light. They're both black with a gold pinstripe running along the bottom

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope everyone had an enjoyable, safe Halloween! Here are a couple of spooky edits I did for the cause lol. Taken at Scadbury Park Nature Reserve 73f28c57375ab3f71c3e9517c9877504.jpg51a90a2c766d243b640961a1793681ec.jpg

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been away for so long and nothing very exciting to report!

 

You may all remember my airbag light being on after fitting second hand Zetec S seats... Well turns out they came from a crashed car and I had no idea what the signs were until they were made obvious to me. So I spent the weekend changing pretensioners (and giving her a bath!)

 

34ae3a6a2cdedcb821d65e3bbd11ddf0.jpg&key=f4cee943776c733e5ca2cfe588d6bb68fb72ad19d741a21d435ea8e6ccd19a8a

 

e66d06cb9925d8e3a5885bc080483316.jpg&key=82640d8c84953cf5892c9f94bdb8c3edbdb21948a11115044e13cfb260999262

 

556b4276a4acb52e275bdf36945e32a5.jpg&key=ffe85fd87e97554ee6f5b277dd0babf8caeb3b03ddad666c909de5de83b74352

 

Not a great shot but you can see the cables poking out of the pretensioner there. Never been in a crash or seen the aftermath of one so honestly thought it was something to do with seats from a 3dr needing to move further forward in the car than 5drs (due to having one less door) HUGE learning curve for me

 

3af825600bb084ebe46caa4259f09733.jpg&key=50f17f02021e07d8363ad075cebfc5e396d30984c865bb93524c82737cf1337a3b1028b99849ac80c566c988674b3326.jpg&key=a430db25b2cab9647f111f729210a2c7ca46503ad756e97cf826baf6f2f9e6ae

 

A comparison of a 'good' and 'bad' makes it clear what was wrong with the ones I acquired!

 

f33d7b9b6b562cd2249e7effeac027f0.jpg&key=9fbae86527b42d353e4dc481bfa90a2bd7b1171ac8b2b505b7368bce289bcb97

 

All fitted and ready to go!

 

Took a few months but glad I managed to work the issue out in the end and was able to sort it on my own without too much hassle and yes, the airbag light has disappeared (hopefully for good) which was the main goal!

 

And a few before/after shots of the clean. Nothing too elaborate, just wanted the winter grime off and to apply my new club sticker

 

Before

c859df96735a74d1d475d14577452439.jpg&key=67e7cccf8c3965e43aa843e1f5d43ed7a0d369ec48444281aa960ba3a98e5033

 

890b834fd8bcca72f2e9c8eb958c5b2f.jpg&key=82a1ceb188cde3083426e62347a30121f5b20b382bd31e6e30f80e07df364f93e9ca979bbab9d71aaf86b8636ebd6973.jpg&key=4f87e413a71f24afafc6c2483d61ff8ed88956644ee9025aee9fcacf554c5e51

 

After

e0ecdd846fe46dd13d992919935a9b54.jpg&key=06d0a25baa4320aa553bbd57b5c677d55341dd044ac96029dbf2fb4191500809

 

93c55578772c533430944803095701c9.jpg&key=c544077a2a19de7d46b87145cfebfdbe2247a2efd8bb60361609dafb6548f643

 

Shame I have to work in such a muddy area. My wheels always lose out on wash day

 

d55060c304a71eeab4b998df02ff8ed6.jpg&key=8161a0efc1e19add9013c800898e0c1c185d519e06d18c4100f3914a2c638963

 

Hope to have something more exciting to share soon!

 

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad it was a relatively easy fix, instead of going down the route of getting lost in a wire diagram or anything.  Although a heads up from the people you bought the seats from would've made life a little easier for you lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STJAY said:

Glad it was a relatively easy fix, instead of going down the route of getting lost in a wire diagram or anything.  Although a heads up from the people you bought the seats from would've made life a little easier for you lol

Sod making it easier, it would Have made it safer! Imagine if she had an accident, they wouldn't do their job properly and the results could have been terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Sod making it easier, it would Have made it safer! Imagine if she had an accident, they wouldn't do their job properly and the results could have been terrible.

Well technically, as they had already been deployed, they would've already been locked into place, so they were not for going anywhere anyway. Yes I'm aware that the airbag light on the dash means that the airbags wouldn't have worked, but in the grand scheme of things, this was an easy fix.  I'm not sure if you read my comment properly, "Although a heads up from the people you bought the seats from would've made life a little easier for you" as in if the seller had of told her, it would have been easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STJAY said:

Well technically, as they had already been deployed, they would've already been locked into place, so they were not for going anywhere anyway. Yes I'm aware that the airbag light on the dash means that the airbags wouldn't have worked, but in the grand scheme of things, this was an easy fix.  I'm not sure if you read my comment properly, "Although a heads up from the people you bought the seats from would've made life a little easier for you" as in if the seller had of told her, it would have been easier.

I wasn't having a dig at you, more at the seller. It's bordering dishonest.

To reply to your comment though it really doesn't matter how easy or hard the fix was, the fact remains that the airbags wouldn't have deployed. What if she had just reset the DTC and ignored it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I wasn't having a dig at you, more at the seller. It's bordering dishonest.

To reply to your comment though it really doesn't matter how easy or hard the fix was, the fact remains that the airbags wouldn't have deployed. What if she had just reset the DTC and ignored it

Wow, you kinda blew that quite far out of proportion there, didn't yah. Imagine trying to be happy for someone who got something, which could have been a mine field, sorted very easily.  So I apologise for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad it was a relatively easy fix, instead of going down the route of getting lost in a wire diagram or anything.  Although a heads up from the people you bought the seats from would've made life a little easier for you lol
Easy but time consuming lol. Took me way too long trying numerous 'fixes' before working out that was the issue. As you say, I wish the seller just told me so I could've bought some new pretensioners before fitting, or at least known to swap my original ones over straight away - that's assuming THEY knew!

I remember the day before collecting he messaged me asking for an extra tenner or something (can't remember how much I paid now) because he'd just taken another look at them and "they're actually quite decent" and he really "needs" the money so glad I stayed firm and stuck with the original price. So cheeky! Lol

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sod making it easier, it would Have made it safer! Imagine if she had an accident, they wouldn't do their job properly and the results could have been terrible.
I'm definitely relieved that I have airbags again! I had been putting off long drives until getting it sorted but with the nature of my job I eventually had to give in and I quickly got used to the fact that the light was there and just tried not to think about the "what ifs"
Very dishonest seller I agree but it's all in the past now and I can enjoy some more safe driving!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:03 PM, zagobir said:

Easy but time consuming lol. Took me way too long trying numerous 'fixes' before working out that was the issue. As you say, I wish the seller just told me so I could've bought some new pretensioners before fitting, or at least known to swap my original ones over straight away - that's assuming THEY knew!

I remember the day before collecting he messaged me asking for an extra tenner or something (can't remember how much I paid now) because he'd just taken another look at them and "they're actually quite decent" and he really "needs" the money emoji849.png so glad I stayed firm and stuck with the original price. So cheeky! Lol

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
 

Airbags can always be a head wrecker, as you say if they had of said you'd never have had an issue to begin with. 

That isn't half a brass neck like, I'm sure they weren't cheap to begin with, never mind asking for more money after already agreeing a deal.  Some people are pure chancers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.