Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiper issue 2011 Focus Mk3

iFocus

Hi all,

I've had my Mk3 Focus a week now and I've noticed that the wipers clear the screen but on the return stroke they judder and have even stuck on the screen this morning! 

I know that the dealer replaced the wipers for its MOT and I have also used glass polish on the windscreen to try and improve it. I've had a look at the wipers and they don't appear to be branded either.

Has anyone had this issue previously? Could it be the cheap wipers?

Cheers,

Craig

I do not know if mk3 has the same behavior but with mk2 when you wash the screen and keep pressing water pump button many times (like typing in morse code), then wipers behavior comes erratic. They keep wiping much longer than they should and then on the return stroke stay up on the window. When the after wipe timer runs out then the wipers return to normal position.

Just pressing the button once and keeping it pressed does not result this kind of behaviour.

Maybe MK3 has this same problem?

Edit:

Oh, you are talking about wipers literally getting stuck to the screen? I am using Bosch wipers for my screen and never had those problems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iFocus said:

Hi all,

I've had my Mk3 Focus a week now and I've noticed that the wipers clear the screen but on the return stroke they judder and have even stuck on the screen this morning! 

I know that the dealer replaced the wipers for its MOT and I have also used glass polish on the windscreen to try and improve it. I've had a look at the wipers and they don't appear to be branded either.

Has anyone had this issue previously? Could it be the cheap wipers?

Cheers,

Craig

I'm sure I read on a recent tread that TOOTHPASTE could be the answer!

With or without fluoride ... I couldn't tell you!!

• Like 1

Yeah there's been a couple of threads about this recently and on new cars (at least from a dealership). I think iirc the problem was solved by washing the windscreen and the blades themselves a few times with "normal" products. 

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, Phil21185 said:

Yeah there's been a couple of threads about this recently and on new cars (at least from a dealership). I think iirc the problem was solved by washing the windscreen and the blades themselves a few times with "normal" products. 

In my experience blade judder is either dirty blades (take some kitchen roll, pinch the blade between you thumb and finger with the roll, and wipe) or the use of some generic carwash product including polish (wash and shine, or regular polish).  Try wiping the screen with vinegar...

• Like 2

So it seems to have stopped now, I cleaned the car again yesterday and used to Autoglym Glass Polish on the screen. 

I did notice when cleaning the blades too that the rubber wasn't that 'supple' which leads me to think that these may be cheapo wipers put on by the dealership.

I think I might invest in some Bosch blades if it happens again though.

• Like 1

So the wipers started juddering and stopping on the screen again!

This time I've ordered some new Bosch ones of amazon to see if that makes a difference.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club