Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mystery noise

Nathana94

Hey! 

My 1.0 Fiesta has started making a strange buzzing sound (sounds like an electrical buzz) whenever I'm driving, but the noise stops when I press my clutch down. Anyone have any ideas?

dont want to point any fingers but I did install a bluefin a week ago and now I'm experiencing this.. just in case any one thinks it could be related!

thanks!

I'd check under the dash to see if there are any wire interfering with the clutch. Is the noise coming from inside or outside of the car?

On 28/07/2017 at 8:28 PM, Ticktock said:

I'd check under the dash to see if there are any wire interfering with the clutch. Is the noise coming from inside or outside of the car?

Hey Ticktock,

the noise definitely seems to be coming from inside the car, it's quite intermittent though and only happens now and again. I may put my original map on the car and see if it's still there before I start trying to move panels out 😳

If the noise is intermittent then I don't think it would be the map. It's more than likely to be a loose wire that catches now & again, does it happen when you go over bumps?

On 31/07/2017 at 7:19 PM, Ticktock said:

If the noise is intermittent then I don't think it would be the map. It's more than likely to be a loose wire that catches now & again, does it happen when you go over bumps?

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busier than I thought humanly possible. I've not had chance to look still but I've not noticed the noise stop if I hit speed bumps, however I've noticed it does disappear if I come off my accelerator or go on my brakes, still sounding like a wire? 

Hopefully will find time this weekend to have a better look at it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club