Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7 instrument cluster

Steve61

As much as I like the dash layout of the Mk7, the instrument cluster is sadly lacking.

I'm a bit old fashioned and like a temp gauge to tell me how the cooling system is coping not a light that'll come on, probably, when it's too late (they've put one in the new Ka when the old model didn't have one).

A dash dimmer would've been nice too as the illumination & cluster info display are very bright IMO.

One final niggle, is it necessary to have the dash light up when the car is unlocked? 3 times now I've driven off without turning the lights on (fair enough, that's me being old and forgetful!)

Despite the 'Victor Meldrew' nature of this post, I do love my new Fez :)

I've drove off many times with no lights on and been like why on earth are people flashing at me?!

I've drove off many times with no lights on and been like why on earth are people flashing at me?!

I've done exactly the same too, usually leaving the multi-storey car park in Sheffield on an evening.

I'm used to the dash on the Saxo being dark unless the lights are on!

Problem is until this one, every car I've owned has had rubbish headlights so I'm used to the road not being lit up in front of me.

There's a setting in the computer to dim the dash - not as good as a roller switch, but i think it dims it a bit - the available settings are either daylight or automatic. i think the auto option is better. But IMO they aren't excessively bright

As for the cluster being illuminated permanently, i think this is a great iudea. Had this on my Focus ST too. As for using that to tell if your headlights are on or not, well, that's just absurd :lol:

Temp gauge, or lack of one, was covered in another thread recently - i don;t see the point in them especially on new cars. But each to their own, i know :)

As much as I like the dash layout of the Mk7, the instrument cluster is sadly lacking.

I'm a bit old fashioned and like a temp gauge to tell me how the cooling system is coping not a light that'll come on, probably, when it's too late (they've put one in the new Ka when the old model didn't have one).

A dash dimmer would've been nice too as the illumination & cluster info display are very bright IMO.

One final niggle, is it necessary to have the dash light up when the car is unlocked? 3 times now I've driven off without turning the lights on (fair enough, that's me being old and forgetful!)

Despite the 'Victor Meldrew' nature of this post, I do love my new Fez :)

Absolutely none of the above bothers me in any way what so ever :)

I'll live with it just for the heated screen and effortless starting in -5 B)

I'll live with it just for the heated screen and effortless starting in -5 B)

This is a satisfactory outcome :)

I've done exactly the same too, usually leaving the multi-storey car park in Sheffield on an evening.

I'm used to the dash on the Saxo being dark unless the lights are on!

Where's Piggy when you want to prove a point.

It was only the other week I said autolights should be on all cars due to the amount of cars you see driving in poor light/darkness without the lights.

Where's Piggy when you want to prove a point.

It was only the other week I said autolights should be on all cars due to the amount of cars you see driving in poor light/darkness without the lights.

:D I agree. Drove past a mini tonight at 9.30pm with sidelights on! Grr. Also, if you don't give people the choice then we can reduce the number of sidelights and fog lights combo plebs who are knocking around! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club