Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium X 2014 delivery issues

Cragrat

Hi I have just replaced my Mk2.5 Focus with a Ecoboost Fiesta Titanium X build date 19/02/2014.

I have several of minor issues which will hopefully be sorted by the garage (Ford Main Dealer) when I take it back. For a few of them I would appreciate a bit of advice from other owners.

1,The radiator is loose and rattles about in the two top mounts. Any others had this?

2,If I use the change up arrows as a guide the engine vibrates and is VERY slow to accelerate. It is as though I am changing up too early. It is fine if I leave it until about 2000 rpm. The arrow comes up at about 1500 rpm. Is this a software issue bringing up the arrows too soon?

3,The Sync system does not recognise track names or give a listing when using bluetooth from my phone. I think this is how ver 1 works but I thought my build date should be 1.1.

4, The tyre deflation detection system does not appear to be installed! I thought that my spec ie Titanium X and build date should have it. I know system for my build date uses the ABS as per the hand book which say’s to access it I go to ‘Menu –Vehicle Settings – Deflation Detection’ but it isn’t there. Again is this a software issue? Looking at the ETIS for my car it says it is ‘Less tyre pressure sensors & Less Tyre inflation Monitor’ which I believe are associated with the later system.

I had the same with my Focus and for this I used EML 327 to access the car and ticked the box and hey presto it worked.

Overall I am pleased with the car especially the MPG and quiet ride.

Thanks.

Radiator I can’t  help you with as I’m not a mechanic unfortunately, 

for the arrows, all fiestas are like that. It’s extremely economic, but not practical a lot of the time. It’s only guidance at the end of the day and most people just ignore them and drive how they like really. 

SYNC wise, it sounds like you do have the old version of SYNC, if this is a big deal to you I have a guide on my page / I’ve made one about how to replace the part to allow for bluetooth track names (its super easy promise) 

deflation - I also do not know however if ETIS says it doesn’t have it then it will not have it. 

Radiator is normal 

DDS was an option so may not be fitted, if there is no option to reset in the vehevle settings then it wasn't speced from new.

ignore the arrow and drive how you feel, arrow is only for economy.

Thanks for the above info. That just about answers my questions. As for the DDS I specifically asked this when I was looking at it and was assured it did as 'it had all the bells and whistles'. I pursue this as I recon it will just be a reprogram with Forscan

The pressure sensor valves are pants,my 2016 titanium x had them.3 had to be changed at £49 a pop. (Ford paid)

Boost doesn't come in untill 1500 rpm. So changing at that time will lug the engine too much, and you'll essentially have a NA 1.0L with a long intake, with nothing to force the air in. The ecoboosts seem to be rev happy in my experience.

I believe your build date is 2 months before Ford changed to sync 1.1. Best way I have found is to keep an old ipod touch in the car connected to usb. That has track readout. It's cheaper than upgrading the sync unit, and your music library can be updated through wifi provided you keep your car close enough to the wifi (most people who park on the drive, or on the street closeby can do this). No need to faff around connecting bluetooth and opening the music app before you set off.

As others have said the tpms is optional, don't worry about not having it. It's not hard to check your tyres every once in a while (for tread anyway). It will be pretty obvious if you have a flat, just something else to go wrong with the car in my opinion. If you were promiced it at sale then that's something different. Do double check if you have it then let the air out of a tyre and see if you get a light on the dash. Goes without saying (but common sense isn't very common) make sure you have means of blowing it back up lol.

2 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Boost doesn't come in untill 1500 rpm. So changing at that time will lug the engine too much, and you'll essentially have a NA 1.0L with a long intake, with nothing to force the air in. The ecoboosts seem to be rev happy in my experience.

I believe your build date is 2 months before Ford changed to sync 1.1. Best way I have found is to keep an old ipod touch in the car connected to usb. That has track readout. It's cheaper than upgrading the sync unit, and your music library can be updated through wifi provided you keep your car close enough to the wifi (most people who park on the drive, or on the street closeby can do this). No need to faff around connecting bluetooth and opening the music app before you set off.

As others have said the tpms is optional, don't worry about not having it. It's not hard to check your tyres every once in a while (for tread anyway). It will be pretty obvious if you have a flat, just something else to go wrong with the car in my opinion. If you were promiced it at sale then that's something different. Do double check if you have it then let the air out of a tyre and see if you get a light on the dash. Goes without saying (but common sense isn't very common) make sure you have means of blowing it back up lol.

TPMS isn't optional,it's been fitted since about Q2 2014, before that DDS was optional and worked via the ABS sensors, 

Don't worry about silly TPMS,as if fitted it has to stay on the car.Came fitted as standard to our Titanium X ecoboost.We have just bought a Suzuki Ignis 2017 as a second car (TPMS standard & I think that all cars regardless of spec have to have them now ,but I could be wrong)& fancy changing the alloys.

Big issue here,although they can be removed and refuted to a rim/alloy.The problem arises and the cost £150/£200 for 4 if the new wheels have a different angle TPMS valve.So we have to buy an alloy that will accept the original  valves or cough up an addition £200 for 4 TPMS  Valves plus programming.

I've just had a quick Google,do worry apparently all cars from 2012 have to have TPMS's and a system that's faulty is an MOT failure.Oh and they have batteries,although they last for years they do run out  

Not sure at all cars after 2012 having tmps. I have a 63 plate zetec 1L (mk 7.5?) And i don't have it.

1 hour ago, captpicard said:

Not sure at all cars after 2012 having tmps. I have a 63 plate zetec 1L (mk 7.5?) And i don't have it.

The introduction dates of TPMS, there is a two year phase-in schedule starting from November 1st 2012. Article 13.1 to 13.4 of the adopted text states that all vehicles type approved after this date must install a TPM System. Furthermore all newly registered vehicles after November 1st 2014 must have a TPM System.

Probably Ford took this option.

Hi Thanks for all of this info. I didn't expect my 14 plate Titanium X to have the later TPMS with the sensors in each wheel. What I thought I should have was the earlier system that took its info from the ABS  which monitors each wheel rotation speed. If a tyre becomes under inflated it changes the circumference and therefor its rotation speed in comparison with the other 3. After a delay to compare rotation speeds it puts a warning up. When I had a 59 plate Focus 2.5 Zetec this was not activated so while carrying out other mods using the EML327config program available on the Focus site I activated Deflation Detection System DDS and there it was. The ETIS for my Focus also said that it was also 'Less Tyre Pressure Monitor'. I would hope that it could be a similar situation for my Fiesta.

I will see what Ford say when it goes back in for a few other jobs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club