Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus mk2 tdci upgrades

2cdempster

Hi everyone I have a few questions and I am looking for advice.

I currently have a mk2 Ford Focus tdci and I have so far done a few modifications to my car such as a stage 2 remap and k&n filter right now and It is sitting at roughly between 193-200bhp and with around 330lbft of torque now I already have a few ideas that I'm looking at such as Eibach lowering springs and some turbo groove discs and some yellow stuff pads. Then just a few cosmetic improvements.

But I am looking for some advice with tuning this car.

so firstly has anyone managed to get much more out of this and if so what sort of modifications have you done.

i have got a few ideas but looking for everyone's thoughts but.

look forward to your advice

Just thought I would add to it

i have already looked at a number of things such as an upgraded intercooler.

custom exhaust with a 2.5inch diameter

a hybrid turbo aswell and also I have thought about an upgraded clutch but the clutch has been rather difficult to come by.

but I am hoping to get my car upto atleast 220bhp and maybe about 400lbft of torque 

Iam surprised your tdci is still running the same turbo and clutch with that bhp 😂😂😂

plus personally I would changed them, along with the brakes and the intercooler before the map.

• Like 1

Yeah I know what you mean it's a good thing I went to a good company haha. 

Well I have been looking at a stage 1 intercooler that can be used on the tdci and st and been tested upto 330bhp so that's one I'm looking at. 

Think it was an r sport intercooler actually.

brakes will happen but the discs and pads have just been changed so I'll hold off on that till it needs changing again 

Yellow stuff brakes are good I use them on my Focus better than OEM I also use OEM discs that have been moded by grooving and  dimpled  at a local machine shop who does this cheaper option then aftermarket discs. A thought for you how about changing the brake house to braded hoses cheep enough you will get a far better feel to your brakes giving you more confidence

Yeah I've looked at that aswell fordpartsuk do them aswell plus a good cheap upgrade eh 😊 Well I had a good chat with the company that did my stage 2 and asked them a few questions and they believe that I could see around 250-260bhp on stage 4 so that's very interesting haha plus what can I say I get like 430-550 miles on a full tank depending on how I drive haha 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club