Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K&N Panel Air Filter MK6

zKeiron

Anyone recommend buying one for (mostly) an improvement to the sound of the engine?

Also, anywith a video of a standard MK6 Fiesta with the K&N air filter put in to replace the normal one? Only video I've seen is some fellas on facebook, and it did seem to make a slight difference to the sound of his car, thinking of getting it on mine but don't want to spend something like £35 on something that would cost a third that normally, or less. (Edited as I overestimated the cost of it)

As the K& N is in your OEM box I would expect very little difference if any. The main thing  is but you won't really  notice is that it does flow a bit better than an OEM filter and you will probably never have to change it again as you can wash and re oil. In side the original air box no sound difference. if you take your air box out and fit something like a cone K & N you will hear it suck more  a bit more then. As for the cost it pays  for itself as you wont need another one

3 minutes ago, Gizza11 said:

As the K& N is in your OEM box I would expect very little difference if any. The main thing  is but you won't really  notice is that it does flow a bit better than an OEM filter and you will probably never have to change it again as you can wash and re oil. In side the original air box no sound difference. if you take your air box out and fit something like a cone K & N you will hear it suck more  a bit more then. As for the cost it pays  for itself as you wont need another one

I've just spent like 45 minutes reading peoples comments elsewhere saying there's a bit of a growl (in comparison) and a minor throttle response increase, but in terms of power there's minimal change, if any, but that's expected. I'll probably end up with it, unless the induction kit is good-to-go with the standard engine and that much more worth it? (I don't intend on keeping this car for long, I'm intending on changing it anywhere from November-March for the black edition, but I like burning money)

Don't bother then. You wont notice anything with a standard airbox, and fitting a cone filter to a naturally aspirated engine will make you look like a right tool.

People who say they can hear more of a growl are probably just thinking they can hear it, it's a panel filter at the end of the day mate. The only reason why I would recommend one is for ease of maintenance as others have said.

I say this all the time, but it really gets to me lol. Remember at the end of the day it's a mk6 Fiesta (1.2 probably?), so don't try and make it look and sound like it's something special. Sounds harsh but it will make your car much less chavvy

22 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Don't bother then. You wont notice anything with a standard airbox, and fitting a cone filter to a naturally aspirated engine will make you look like a right tool.

People who say they can hear more of a growl are probably just thinking they can hear it, it's a panel filter at the end of the day mate. The only reason why I would recommend one is for ease of maintenance as others have said.

I say this all the time, but it really gets to me lol. Remember at the end of the day it's a mk6 Fiesta (1.2 probably?), so don't try and make it look and sound like it's something special. Sounds harsh but it will make your car much less chavvy

I agree with you mate, I've literally avoided anything chavvy (in my opinion anyway) because I have the same view on things, even as a 1.4L it's not worth doing much to, but if this filter doesn't make much difference then I'll not bother. It's due a service soon enough anyway but wanted to clarify if it was worth me bothering or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zKeiron said:

I've just spent like 45 minutes reading peoples comments elsewhere saying there's a bit of a growl (in comparison) and a minor throttle response increase

That's because they want to hear it in reality it does nothing and sounds the same. And I agree with zKeiron the cone filter  may sound a little different as its in open air but because its a small engine it probably wont TBH its really pointless.As I said the only gain you will get is cost as you wont need to replace it and that when dirty it will still flow better than an equivalent OEM  paper filter.

41 minutes ago, Gizza11 said:

That's because they want to hear it in reality it does nothing and sounds the same. And I agree with zKeiron the cone filter  may sound a little different as its in open air but because its a small engine it probably wont TBH its really pointless.As I said the only gain you will get is cost as you wont need to replace it and that when dirty it will still flow better than an equivalent OEM  paper filter.

Yeah man, decided against it, I probably would've been all about it if I didn't ask but I'm not too worried about it after reading the replies. I'll be looking to the new car and putting it in that kitty instead.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club