Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Front lip / splitter

_conjohn

I had a fight with a cobbled road and lost, in the process my splitter has snapped off. I've looked under the car but I can't tell what screw heads hold the thing on.

Ideally I'd like to buy a replacement and fit it myself, has anyone got any experience doing this?

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

It's riveted on, they need to be drilled out, you can get anew one from Ford, or try eBay for someone breaking a ZS

• Like 1

Triple R composite do some nice splitters, lips etc however these are not standard 

• Like 1

@MarksST cheers, sounds like the easier thing to do is find a full bumper and replace the whole thing; do you know if the Ice White paint fades?

@zain611 I thought about going aftermarket, but it's on good old HP finance so it'll need to be a stock part when I give it back to Ford

@MarksST cheers, sounds like the easier thing to do is find a full bumper and replace the whole thing; do you know if the Ice White paint fades?

@zain611 I thought about going aftermarket, but it's on good old HP finance so it'll need to be a stock part when I give it back to Ford

I wouldn't say the easier option is to source a full bumper in the correct colour or get one painted, then remove the old bumper and fit a new one.

Do you ever intend to just give the car back to Ford and walk away? Is the car on HP or PCP?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I wouldn't say the easier option is to source a full bumper in the correct colour or get one painted, then remove the old bumper and fit a new one.

Do you ever intend to just give the car back to Ford and walk away? Is the car on HP or PCP?

I think I'm on a 5 year HP agreement, after 3 years I can hand the car back to Ford and call it quits, at the end of it I'd rather use a bank loan instead of finance to get my next car. Maybe an imported DC5 Integra, but that's wishful thinking for now :') 

• Like 1

So after 5 years will you own the car outright?

Yeah that's correct, I got the car last August, so I'm coming to the end of my first year now. I can either hand the car back August 2019 or I'll own it as of August 2021

Ah right ok. I was just thinking if you were never going to give the car back i.e. part ex in 2019 then it wouldn't matter if you put an aftermarket bumper on.

10 hours ago, _conjohn said:

No, the easiest thing would be to find another either new from ford or used from eBay, Facebook etc and fit it using new rivets.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club