Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scratching/squeaking noise

m_fairfax

Hi All,

Driving to work this morning and noticed that when i'm turning to the left (only when wheel is moving) i'm getting a strange scratching/squeaking noise coming from driver's side front wheel. 

Here is a video of the issue...   https://www.dropbox.com/s/zncgd036xu6ja9p/20170731_082530.mp4?dl=0

If anyone can shed any light it'd be much appreciated!

Cheers

2 hours ago, m_fairfax said:

Hi All,

Driving to work this morning and noticed that when i'm turning to the left (only when wheel is moving) i'm getting a strange scratching/squeaking noise coming from driver's side front wheel. 

Here is a video of the issue...   https://www.dropbox.com/s/zncgd036xu6ja9p/20170731_082530.mp4?dl=0

If anyone can shed any light it'd be much appreciated!

Cheers

Weird you mention this as my son has similar on his zetec s but after having the car at a ford garage they've pinpointed it to something around the floor/trim on the drivers side behind his seat area. He's now awaiting a call to say Ford will allow the garage to strip the car down (it's still under the original warranty) so they can find the problem!

17 hours ago, Russ said:

Weird you mention this as my son has similar on his zetec s but after having the car at a ford garage they've pinpointed it to something around the floor/trim on the drivers side behind his seat area. He's now awaiting a call to say Ford will allow the garage to strip the car down (it's still under the original warranty) so they can find the problem!

Cheers for your response Russ,

I have a feeling its to do with brakes to be honest. Brakes feel a little juttery and I just have a gut feeling. I don't think these brakes have ever been changed since it was brought on the road (63 plate) so i'd not be surprised. Hopefully won't cost too much to fix!! :(

Has anyone here ever had their brake pads down to the wear indicator? Starting to think this is the issue as they are definitely nearly worn out completely, ordered some Brembo pads so i'll fit them at the weekend and hopefully fix the most annoying noise known to man!

• 1 year later...

I had same fault and symptoms but happening turning right, not left(Squeaking/squealing noise seems to be coming when I'm turning right on the steering wheel, even slightly. When turning back even slightly left it appears to stop). There is a nut at each of the suspension lower ball joints, located behind each wheel. One of the nuts was turned the wrong way, touching the wheel plate. Definitely not the wheel bearing as this fault creates high pitch screeching. Wheel bearing is low pitch whining noises. *** Check the lower suspension behind each wheel.