Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can remove the silver trim of Central armrest?

D!str0

I want to remove the central silver trim to wrap it with carbon fiber vinyl. I try to pull it but i am afraid of breaking something. Have anyone removed it before? 

Screenshot_20170731-212833.jpg

It's fixed to the upper centre console with plastic welds.
I have a guide in my links on how to remove the upper console under my posts when viewed on a PC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

It's fixed to the upper centre console with plastic welds.
I have a guide in my links on how to remove the upper console under my posts when viewed on a PC.

Thank you. I will read your guide and hope not to break anything 

Done mine Sunday night, also done stereo facia, and heated screen switch facia.

Never done wrapping before so quite happy with the results.

Only thing left to do is the "garage door" didn't have time to do it as the car was going in to my local garage for a rear disc conversation, and new gear selector cables, that's why the centre console is out.

1501562822672200800537.jpg

• Like 3

That looks ace

Well done that man 

Do you have a link of where you got the carbon wrap from. 👍👍

No Martin, sorry mate, I've had the wrap for about a year now, it been stashed away in a cupboard since.

I bought it to do my centre console and facias etc, and also my bonnet strip (which is currently painted) but kept putting it off all this time, until Sunday night, armed with a Stanley blade, hair dryer and a can or two of carlsberg export, I took the plunge.

I'm almost sure I had it from amazon, I'll see if I can find out for you.

Happy you like it 👍

• Like 1

Why are you replacing your gear selector cables??

2 hours ago, JONATHAN_11_80 said:

Why are you replacing your gear selector cables??

The end that clicks onto the gearbox is worn, not holding on pin, currently held on with cable ties.

Some pics of my wrapping. It my first time and carbon wasn't the best quality. Bought from eBay. In the second picture these are the bubbles. I tried to stretch and won't worked. Applied heat and won't work. I am a guy of detail but i don't mind having these.  Should i cut with the razor knife a small line so i let the air out or it's a small detail that won't worth it. Gimme your thoughts

20170803_070423.jpg

20170803_070029.jpg

On 8/1/2017 at 7:45 AM, wilto said:

Done mine Sunday night, also done stereo facia, and heated screen switch facia.

Never done wrapping before so quite happy with the results.

Only thing left to do is the "garage door" didn't have time to do it as the car was going in to my local garage for a rear disc conversation, and new gear selector cables, that's why the centre console is out.

1501562822672200800537.jpg

The garage door is the small door under the climate control that opens? How can i remove this to carbon vinyl it?

You've done a good job there mate, I have small imperfections in mine too but I'm not going to loose any sleep over it.

To remove the garage door, there should be two small torx head screws on a small black strip, remove these and the whole unit will come out, you going to have to take the part you've wrapped, back off because the screws are underneath the the area where you have bubbles. 

Finished mine yesterday, only thing left to do is change the silver heated front and rear screen switches and the hazard warning switch with the dark grey/ black ones.

Wilto I only asked about your gear change cables as the gear change on my 1.8 feels notchy doesn't feel like its the gearbox but more likely the linkage inside the car.  Whats your like?

Don't know really, can't say it feels notchy, before or after the new cables went on, sometimes it's a bit stiff engaging into first, but only when the gearbox is cold. 

I did the small garage door thing above the boot but i got a problem with a bubble that won't go away. I tried to press it with finger. With squeeze. I applied heat. I even made a tiny hole with a needle and tried to push the air away. Any help? 

20170804_104352.jpg

Needs taking off and doing it again with a new piece as it is not an air bubble.

It is not pushed in enough where the groove goes along horizontally.

I will be doing my centre console parts next week.

Cheers and good luck

So i have done again. More carefully, cleaned more with alcohol and worked my way from top to bottom and let the vinyl rest into the canal thingy. I was afraid of the outdoor heat would create again bubbles but it's till now perfect! Worth the do over again. I will post soon pics. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, D!str0 said:

So i have done again. More carefully, cleaned more with alcohol and worked my way from top to bottom and let the vinyl rest into the canal thingy. I was afraid of the outdoor heat would create again bubbles but it's till now perfect! Worth the do over again. I will post soon pics. 

Any pictures yet.

Hopefully you have redone it with the carbon weave going all the same way.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 8:49 AM, D!str0 said:

I did the small garage door thing above the boot but i got a problem with a bubble that won't go away. I tried to press it with finger. With squeeze. I applied heat. I even made a tiny hole with a needle and tried to push the air away. Any help? 

20170804_104352.jpg

How did you get this off mate is it just screwd on something 

Sure they just pop out on clips don't hold me on that though

• Like 1

Just use a blunt table knife to lever them ouy.

• Like 1

All done, some small bits of edging need re sticking, around fan speed control, but other than that quite pleased 🙏

Changed my heated window switches for the dark gray ones as well (£11 on eBay for the whole assembly), as I weren't fussed on the silver ones , I think they bring it all together.

15020263871771311532460.jpg

• Like 1

Looks really good buddy 👍😀 

Your motor is sweet looking mate.

On 8/5/2017 at 7:06 PM, Stoney871 said:

Just use a blunt table knife to lever them ouy.

No mate. It's need to be redone. I used the knife but no good result. My mistake was that i stretched it too much when i came to the curve.

3 hours ago, wilto said:

All done, some small bits of edging need re sticking, around fan speed control, but other than that quite pleased 🙏

Changed my heated window switches for the dark gray ones as well (£11 on eBay for the whole assembly), as I weren't fussed on the silver ones , I think they bring it all together.

15020263871771311532460.jpg

Very good man. Awsome. I am waiting for my big carbon part to do around the cd player. You have a power button in the cigarette lighter place? 

We are all at it haha funny that somewhere there are people doing the exact same thing at similar time 

20170806_175945.jpg

18 minutes ago, zetec Adam said:

We are all at it haha funny that somewhere there are people doing the exact same thing at similar time 

20170806_175945.jpg

Hahahha mod lovers unite. Anyone knows how to install a power start button in my cigarette lighter? It is too difficult? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club