Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof bars (2005) estate to hatchback

kidomega100

Hello all, I'm looking to get some roof bars for my 3 door hatchback 2005. A friend has some for his 2005 5 door estate but I'm not sure if they are compatible. My local dealership advised posting to this forum so here I am. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Sam

32 minutes ago, kidomega100 said:

Hello all, I'm looking to get some roof bars for my 3 door hatchback 2005. A friend has some for his 2005 5 door estate but I'm not sure if they are compatible. My local dealership advised posting to this forum so here I am. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Sam

Wow, I don't know if we should be flattered or appalled at their lack of knowledge...

As far as I know they won't fit. Ford estate's usually have a raised roof rail, where the hatchbacks have more of a set in track.

• Like 2

Thank you for your help Alex. 

Sorry to bug you but do you know if these will fit 2005 hatchback? They don't have the model guide listed on the website and sadly im on quite the budget.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/roof-bars-for-ford-focus-ii/182-2842.prd?skuId=182-2842

Assuming your car looks like the attached?

Only problem I can foresee is that the Tesco ones are shown on a 5 door, and there is a lip the comes over the edge. I don't know if that still works on a 3dr.

FORDFocus3Doors-2810_1.jpg

Ahhhhh I see what you mean. 

I'll contact them and ask them to send me a list of compatible models. Thanks you've been very helpful.

I had a set on my 2005 Focus Estate which fitted in the channel along roof so could be slid to any position on roof (I think it,s called a "T" track). When I got a 2005 hatchback it had fixed fixing points for roof bars so I think the estate one,s are not compatable with the hatchback!

Hope that helps!

Regards.

Steve (aka carpysmith)

• Like 1

The Focus MK2 estate was available with and without the (C-track) roof rails.

The Focus MK2 estate without roof rails has exactly the same mounting points as the 3/5 door hatchback. Officially the original roof bar kits for the hatchback and estate without roof rails are different and have different part numbers. However the only difference are the rubber mounts of the rear roof bar. These rubber mounts (which are mounted between the roof and the metal roof bar base) have a slightly different angle (which is hardly noticeable). In practise the original roof bar kits for the Focus MK 2 hatchback and estate without roof rails are interchangeable.

Hi when I fitted the roof bars to my mk2.5 focus I had to dig out the filler on the roof first. Not one of fords better ideas 

• 3 years later...

Three different types so, 

Rail, so just need cross bar and clamp

T- track . Slightly rise rail in the gutter with slots.

Fixed point. Flush plastic cover rail .4 access slots with hidden screw under paint. Fix in by blot.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club