Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3.5 Buyer Advice

Amnesiac

I’ve had my mk1.5 Focus Ink for the last 11 years and during that time gone through a few of the common problems with the mk1; water in passenger foot well, relay on the single wipe, taillights failing etc…

I’m going to look at buying a mk3.5 Focus Titanium on the weekend, just wondering what the common faults are so far to look for? It’s a 1.5TCDI and showing as a recall on ETIS so that’s fault 1 on the list, any more I can look for on the day?

Can't speak for the Mk3.5, but if its the same as the mk3 under the petticoat, then the seals on the vents behind the rear bumper tend to become dirty and stiff and allow water into the back of the car, eventually building enough to enter the spare wheel well.

As I say, not sure if this can affect the Mk3.5 but its easy enough to check and fix.

Wes's thread on sorting this out.

More info on the 1.5 recall if you haven't already read it.

I have had my MK 3.5 Focus 1.5 TDCI 18 months now from new. I can not fault the car thus far.

Checked Etis and there is no recall for my car as of today.

I've had my 3.5 for 8 months and love it... No issues, but the one "annoyance" is that for such a good spec car is that electric folding door mirrors aren't standard...  It's a very minor moan though, having driven for 40 odd years, I really look forward to getting into the car to drive it...

Only heard good things about the 1.5 TDCi and mk3.5. Have one myself and love it. The recall is most likely the camshaft sprocket, there is a thread on here about it somewhere. I would get this done asap or you'll be looking at a new engine if it goes. You do get a new cambelt amongst other things with the recall (silver linings and all that). 

• Like 1

but if i remember correctly they do not replace the tensioner which is a shame - would that then become a weakpoint mileage wise later on?

I have a 1.5TDCi MK3.5 as well here. Can't fault it really in general. I've just had a few unlucky issues with motors going back on headlight and wing mirror which were all fixed under warranty, and an ongoing issue which appears to be very isolated to my car with the audio but other than that good! I'm on 43,000 miles and only needed the cam shaft sprocket recall doing so far.

Ive linked to the recall thread in my earlier post if thats helpful

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love my Mk 3.5 with the 1,5Tdci 120, once it had done 10,000 miles, seems a lot more gutsy than my 

previous Mk 3 with the 1.6 Tdci 110 I think ...?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club