Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem with AUX (USB) & Soundcloud,,,

TazLadd

Hello,

I am a new member to the club and have just proudly bought my first car yesterday being a ford fiesta edge 60,,, 61 Plate but made in January 2012.

I have noticed a significant issue however when using third party music apps (For example soundcloud) with the aux line connected with the USB cable (Lightning cable). It will just keep skipping every song without me touching any buttons. This issue is weird and I do not know how to fix it - has anyone else suffered from this issue and been able to fix it?

All help will be appreciated :)

Thanks

Your phone doesn't have "shake to shuffle" turned on does it? That's just a waste of time.

3 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Your phone doesn't have "shake to shuffle" turned on does it? That's just a waste of time.

Do not think so, just glanced onto my iphone's settings and cannot see this setting anywhere and from google searches I do not think it is available anymore.

Sometimes this happens to me when I am using Spotify on my Sync2 (Mondeo) it plays about 5s then it skips. Is that similar to you? I just have to restart Spotify and its fine though.

Can you stream music to the stereo via bluetooth and listen to it that way? If so then give it a bash and see if it plays ok. If it does then it's the cable at fault. Are you using a third party or OEM cable? Try a different cable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Sometimes this happens to me when I am using Spotify on my Sync2 (Mondeo) it plays about 5s then it skips. Is that similar to you? I just have to restart Spotify and its fine though.

Can you stream music to the stereo via Bluetooth and listen to it that way? If so then give it a bash and see if it plays ok. If it does then it's the cable at fault. Are you using a third party or OEM cable? Try a different cable

Hey,

Noticed the issue does not happen when using a 3.5mm cable however happens when using a USB cable, I will try a different USB cable now and get back to you on what happens. But literally it acts okay on songs from my music library on apple music but anything else, even apple music radio stations, spotify and soundcloud it just skips each song straight away sometimes not even 5 seconds into it...

Thanks

It is very odd isn't it. Keep us posted and if it doesn't work we can have a think about other potential causes and fixes. I take it it does not do this when you are just listening to music on your phone? Can you connect the phone via USB to another stereo, it doesn't have to be a Sync unit. Just anything that will connect via USB.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club