Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAT Sensor

TDR|XTC

Just activated the trip computer on the Fiesta (2009, 1.6 EcoNetic Diesel) using Forscan, and it shows everything it needs to show apart from the ambient air temperature.

I also get the B1A68 error, which indicates a "ambient air temperature sensor trouble code". Thing is i searched for this sensor in front of the radiator and it's not there. Can anyone help me with the part code needed for this sensor and also where exactly do you plug it in? 

P.S. Because of this sensor missing, the "Winter Mode" light appears on the dash. (When checked with Forscan the AAT sensor value indicates -17 degrees Celsius, constantly).

Thank you!

T

sensor plug should be behind grill on the right, no idea on part number though.

• Like 1

Thank you iantt! Will check it out.

Did not find the sensor behind the grill! Also i browsed the internet and some specified behind the bumper (left side), but not there, or in the back of the car (not there either). 

How exactly does the sensor/connector look like!?

Thank you !

T

googled this, i believe this is the sensor and connector your looking for.

1502140351548.jpg
  • Like 1

you have to remove the grille to access it.

Would the wiring be there for it if the sensor was never fitted? I'm guessing it could be as there are many wires laid out but not used on every model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I did search there iantt, first time you told me! 

Also found this in the forums:

Nothing there! I will take the headlight off and see if there are any connectors nearby. That sensor cable can't be that long!

Thank you!

T

Found it! The clip was broken and the sensor along with the cable were under the windscreen waster tank! 

I will soon post some pictures on where exactly the connector is!

Thank you iantt, Jonro2009 !

• Like 2

I did nothing, glad you found it [emoji16] it's amazing what is sitting redundant in your car just because it was spec'd up by the first owner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update on the AAT Sensor fix!

The sensor was fitted, (it is positioned exactly where iantt suggested, thank you for that) and it sits tight. Temperature readings are accurate, the "Winter mode" light in the dash disappeared.

Part number is : 6M5T-10K936-AB

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I have a Ford Fiesta MK7 without a BC. After enabling it via Forscan, I noticed that the AAT is missing. 

Behind the front bumper there is no cable for the temperature sensor. Do you know where the cable for the temperature sensor ends, so that I can install my own cable for it?

• 2 years later...

Hi I’ve got this DTC for ambient air temperature open circuit I’ve check the wiring from pins 19 and 20 from IPC to the temp sensor connector pins 1 and 2 I have continuity on both wires. But still getting DTC for temp issue is this a instrument pack issue? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Having recently pass through hell searching like you for the ambient sensor's missing cable/harness, and also taken some ideas from this thread when started my quest, I'd like to share my findings with you:

The bad news are that, if the ambient temperature function is not in the standard car's setup the chances are that Ford doesn't install the last part of the wiring on your car. 

The good news are that the first part of the wiring (from the instrument cluster to the C210 harness, see attachment) is probably there. 

image.thumb.png.0b763029dcc7c73752fde86abb9dcbc0.png

The C210 harness is easy to reach, the location is under at the rear of the driver's feet, under the plastic cover

image.png.1070b0c0cc85206eec22009808d1ddc6.png

(note that in Greece we drive left side)

Search on the upper part of the harness , it's likely to find 2 wires ( Yellow-Green & Green-blue) that come to harness and end there, without any further connection.

Check that you have found the correct wires by inserting a bended 1.5K resistor inside the pins. Yu should read 38 deg. on the dashboard.

If this test works, you have to install the rest of the wiring and the sensor.

The OEM part is ridiculously expensive for what is actually costs. You can use the HELLA 6PT00952201 or buy cheap Chinese clone or...

use a 3K 3950B NTC thermistor in parallel with 10,8K resistor (total cost under 1€)

if you want the original counter connector, is : Tyco 2-1437712-5 (buy cheap from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004049439587.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4dad797eQ63q23&algo_pvid=48a5557b-e7bc-4baf-ac55-a7dd8c4d9ada&algo_exp_id=48a5557b-e7bc-4baf-ac55-a7dd8c4d9ada-0&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000027859595017"}&pdp_pi=-1%3B1.23%3B-1%3B-1%40salePrice%3BEUR%3Bsearch-mainSearch

Hope I helped. 

B. 

• 11 months later...

Mine also reads -17 and the engine runs rough and smokes a lot! Is this sensor used by the ECU? See