Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cambelt Replacement.

Devonboy

My neighbour has a 2011 Focus Titanium 1.6 petrol.

He is intent on having the cambelt changed only by a Ford Dealer.

Any one with any ideas what Ford charge to change said belt?

Timing belt on focus 1.8 tdci 2007 is £350 ish plus an extra £100 if needs water pump, so that will give you rough guide n that's ford

Have a look here:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/service-and-maintenance/motorcraft/repairs/timing-belts

Says £339 for a Focus timing belt; I can understand what you neighbour means though, if a Ford dealer does it and it goes wrong etc. there will be some goodwill at least... 

• Like 1

I did mine at a Ford Dealer, where you get the piece of mind it is done right. Things such as fuel filter change, and steering fluid flush I did at the local garage. 

Did my MKIII 2.0 Cortina OHC in the 80's myself for £15,how did it get so expensive??????:ohmy:

15 minutes ago, Trillionz said:

Did my MKIII 2.0 Cortina OHC in the 80's myself for £15,how did it get so expensive??????:ohmy:

It's the labour rate not the cost of the belt that makes it that much.

it's also the amount of dismantling needed to get to it on modern cars.  the cortina  had a tin cover with two or three bolts holding it on (and many people left it off afterwards) and there was the belt under it.  the crankshaft pulley was keyed to the shaft so no alignment problems . The camshaft pulley (only one of them) had a punch mark that aligned with a pointer. No alignment tools or locking tools were needed.  no other parts needed removing to get to it all other than the fan belt which was untensioned by loosening the alternator bolts which were easy to get to. There was very little work involved compared to today's cars. And no one replaced the tensioner when doing the belt, they did not need a new one. So it all takes a lot more time now and more parts.

• Like 2

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, Trillionz said:

You brought back some memories there, I completely rebuilt my 1972 MKIII Cortina engine, head skimmed, valves and springs. new clutch, coil and distributor, all done in two days.  Probably cost me less than £60 when petrol was then 6/2p a gallon in old money.

Mind you I did own a BP garage in those halcyon days.

• Like 1

Well my neighbour got several quotes and surprisingly Ford dealer came out cheapest at £519.  " I don't believe it."

They told him "No need as it doesn't require changing until 100,000 miles"  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club