Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK6 engine swap

PazzerJ

Hey guys, 

So I have a Mk6 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 5 door. I love the car, it's quite nippy considering the lowish power output and it runs well, however it's done 130k miles and I can feel it's a little on it way out. I sorted a leaky head gasket by flushing all coolant and then applying some radweld! It seems to be sealed for now, also I feel the gear box is a bit dodgy on occasion as it sometimes struggles to go into 4th.

Anyway, having a 5 door fez is very useful as I hate having to get out to let people in the car and I've always considered some form of sleeper, since the engine may be on its way out is and I'd just replace it. Is there any engines that would be a superior upgrade and would be fairly straightforward? I literally have no upgrades at the moment and if you have any for the 1.4 that are good to get, that would be helpful too for now rather than a whole engine swap.

But overall, I was thinking a 5 door fiesta st150 would be cool! 

So to sum up, TL:DR, any mod ideas for the 1.4? Willing to spend £1000 max!

Alternatively, a suitable engine swap that would be an upgrade with some mod-ability.

Look forward to your replies!

Cheers guys,

Josh

• 2 months later...

Yes, if you can try to find a engine and gearbox together and if you're lucky and want to be on the safe side get the drive shafts as well! And the St breaks only cost less than 200!

• 4 weeks later...

Are the gears stiff to get into? There's a video on YouTube which showed how to sort this out. On my fiesta I noticed a month ago that it would sometimes be hard to get into 3rd mainly when I'm downshifting from fourth. It happens many when the engine is warmed up. I haven't given it a go yet so can't say if this fix worked

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club