Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has anyone else had this type of damage fixed at a garage

godsgamer

Soo...ive had a accident  & im sat at home worried as if my car is going to be a write off.

Ive looked into the value of my car and thr value is around 3500 and i only bought it 3 months ago for 3800.

My question is whats the going rate to get it sorted it looks like my insurence is sorting it all but im just worried that cost of it will be a write off.

I know every garage is diffrent but im using a insurence approved one hoping cost will be down.

Broken dented wing panel needs replacing. Just the one.

Windscreen wash bottle split.

Front Bumper scrached and slight crack but belive  no underlying damage.

Headlight bracket at the back has broken. But light still works etc. I cant see any serious damage other then cosmetic.

Any help would be appricated?

Like i say i know every garage is diffrent but any help would pjt my mind at rest on what to expect.

Ohh and its a fiesta 59 plate

I think they may write it off mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I think they will write it off, my previous car was 9 years old and the insurance approved garage I took it to said it's beyond economical repair, the damage on the car was all on the front passenger side..... bumper headlight, wing and bonnet, it really didn't look too bad to me so was devastated when I learned it's fate.

• Like 1

Can i ask how much the insurence offered you and did they give you the option to buy the salvage 

Can i ask how much the insurence offered you and did they give you the option to buy the salvage 

I don't think the OP knows if it is getting written off for sure, he is just worried that it will be

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I paid 3500 for the car and only had it for for about 6weeks before the accident, the insurance company offered 2900 which I quickly refused explaining what I paid only weeks earlier, they then increased their offer to 3250 which I was happy with.
Yes they did give me the chance to buy the car back.

Just let it go pal. If it gets recorded as a cat then it just halves the value of the car anyway nesr enough. Plus you have your excess to pay. I say cut your losses and accept losing £300. How did you smash it anyway? I take it your fault as claiming on your insurance?

• Like 1

I wouldn't want it back after an accident that has caused the insurance company to write it off. I'm with @Luke4efc on this one. Take the hit and put it down to a bad day on the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crikey , i already knew we had become a throw-away society when it comes to appliances and gadgets , now its spread to cars also !

20 years ago it would take no less than a direct nuclear strike before a car got written off , now it takes just a couple of scuffed panels and your motor is sent to the great trash compactor in the heavens to become recycled bake bean tins.......

;-)

Just had a call from the garage looks like it can be repaired. Costing 1.7k. 

The guy at the garage said it would need another 1000 for the amount to reach write off. 

Proper happy its not going down as a write off.

It does have low millage and its automatic in really good condition  So has held its value really well.

crikey , i already knew we had become a throw-away society when it comes to appliances and gadgets , now its spread to cars also !
20 years ago it would take no less than a direct nuclear strike before a car got written off , now it takes just a couple of scuffed panels and your motor is sent to the great trash compactor in the heavens to become recycled bake bean tins.......
;-)

That's not what necessarily happens to your car once it's written off by an insurance company, 9 times out of 10 it will end up being bought by a salvage yard who will get it repaired and sell it on as a category write off, which is why you should always check a cars history before buying it.
I happen to know for certain that the car I mentioned previously which was written off is now fixed and back on the road, I know this because I have checked its mot and tax history and it's been mot'd and taxed three times since it was written off.

7 hours ago, biff55 said:

;-)

Labour costs & hire cars mate, parts aren't that expensive and would only be a couple of hundred quid. 20 years ago it would be unlikely you would get a hire car, now it seems everyone gets one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club