Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wipers Stopped Working

Tanz

Hi All - Yesterday the wipers on my 2009 1.6 Diesel Estate stopped working. They are in the park position. I can hear the relay clicking. There is no sound from the motor. I dropped the fuse board under the passenger side dash and checked the fuse. This is Ok. The Haynes manual says the relay is on this fuse board but I cant see any relays on here but the clicking is from that area of the dash. Anyone know where the relay/relays are? Checked the fuse box in the engine compartment but not one of those relays.

Sounds like the motor has packed up! Off to the scrappers for a new motor!

Had another look tonight - No power is reaching the motor.Connected a bulb to earth and the other wire to the connector but nothing. Still can't work out where the relays are. Haynes manual says two relays on the fuse board under the passenger side dash. One for fast and one for slow. I can't see any relays on the fuse board. There are two big multi plugs - they aren't underneath are they? 

I think the relays may be on the underside. The bad news is they aren't plug-in types, they're soldered onto the fuseboard. On the Mk1/1.5 Focus they were plug-in and as they were identical they could be tested by swapping them. On the later models Ford, in their infinite wisdom - NOT - have them soldered in so not only can you not test by swapping but to replace one faulty one effectively means buying a new fuseboard although personally, as a retired electronics engineer, I'd have a damn good go at replacing one if I could get the correct part.

Incidentally the wiring diagram and relay identification in the Haynes manual for our Mk2.5 appear to conflict (no surprise there).

• Like 2

sounds like gem module fault if your not getting 12v at motor.

• Sad 1

There may be one or more fuses, I would check all fuses (with key on) have 12v on both sides (if they have 12v on one) and make sure there isn't another fuse responsible for powering the relays.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club