Do Not Sell My Personal Information

dpf

lasthope

hi can the  dpf be removed from my ford focus 1.6tdci 2008 if so how much and what does it take to do cheers

You can remove it by putting in new exhaust pipes that have the DPF removed and have it 'deleted' from the ECU, but legally you cannot remove one any more as it would fail its MOT. 

I believe you can get 'empty' DPF casing/pipework that fools an MOT tester to believing it is still there but this is a grey area and if it fails emissions tests then I'm sure that the MOT tester would guess it'd been removed?

Also you'd technically be uninsured in an accident if an insurer found out as you will have modified the car without informing them.

As iFocus says it's possible but may cause hassle down the line but your probably looking at 350-650 in terms of cost.  If it's causing trouble , I would look into getting some sort of DPF active regen service and with that have a Terraclean. 

• Like 1

it is really unlucky having a focus of that age with the dpf on. the same engine was used in the fiesta and they were not fitted with dpf on that engine until later years compared to focus. And it's not as if focus got tax advantage as the fiesta was in the £30 annual tax band with that engine and no dpf (dpf does not affect the taxable omissions). so if that engine was legal in the fiesta without a dpf why can't we remove the dpf from same age focus without committing an offence?  I know the law says no but where is the logic in it?

tax is only 30quid for the year and it does have dpf on it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club