Do Not Sell My Personal Information

should i trade in my 09 fiesta zetec for....

celticrsmith

an early Kuga?

absolutly fed up of the snow and ice and have always wanted a bigger car.

we will be seriously considering trading in our 09 fiesta zetec later this year for something else and the Kuga has taken my eye. we are getting married next year then will be trying for kiddies, so the kuga would come in handy. yes, i know, forward thinking, but whats everyones thoughts on this?

the fuel consumption is almost the same between the 2 but obviously maintainence and tax etc will be more.

the idea is for the 'wife' to drive it whilst i get something old skool and most likely unreliable to potter about in.

am i mad, optomistic, or thinking waaay to far ahead?!

an early Kuga?

absolutly fed up of the snow and ice and have always wanted a bigger car.

we will be seriously considering trading in our 09 fiesta zetec later this year for something else and the Kuga has taken my eye. we are getting married next year then will be trying for kiddies, so the kuga would come in handy. yes, i know, forward thinking, but whats everyones thoughts on this?

the fuel consumption is almost the same between the 2 but obviously maintainence and tax etc will be more.

the idea is for the 'wife' to drive it whilst i get something old skool and most likely unreliable to potter about in.

am i mad, optomistic, or thinking waaay to far ahead?!

Would not even consider a Kuga if you want a 4X4, sold mine after 2 months and done the right thing and bought a new Ford Ranger Thunder gotta say the best vehicle i've ever bought very very economical best mpg so far is 39.7 general use and pulling a 1250kg (heavy ) caravan the lowest i've obtained is 32.2mpg and that aint driving like a !Removed!, very good off road (see my Website ... http://www.blackthunder09.webs.com/ ...just started) excellent for loading, still carries five in comfort and very cheap on tax and insurance in comparison with what vehicles i've had before dont make the mistake I made after having the Ranger I wouldn't buy anything else even my missus drives it so it 's easy to handle even for a bigger vehicle but go for the 2.5 diesel not the 3.0 v6 it ain't worth the extra expense.

Would not even consider a Kuga if you want a 4X4, sold mine after 2 months and done the right thing and bought a new Ford Ranger Thunder gotta say the best vehicle i've ever bought very very economical best mpg so far is 39.7 general use and pulling a 1250kg (heavy ) caravan the lowest i've obtained is 32.2mpg and that aint driving like a !Removed!, very good off road (see my Website ... http://www.blackthunder09.webs.com/ ...just started) excellent for loading, still carries five in comfort and very cheap on tax and insurance in comparison with what vehicles i've had before dont make the mistake I made after having the Ranger I wouldn't buy anything else even my missus drives it so it 's easy to handle even for a bigger vehicle but go for the 2.5 diesel not the 3.0 v6 it ain't worth the extra expense.

we wouldnt really be pulling anything and the rear open cab would be useless for us. That ranger looks more like a work horse over a nice comfy 'higher' car. Thanks for your views but that one looks too much like those mitsubishi warriors.......

the Kuga apparently has 47mpg on combined which seemed pretty good for what it is

Hi there. A member of my family has a kuga and has been dissapionted with its preformance in the snow ( he got stuck) i pulled him out in a fusion ( thats right a ford fusion) . However snow is only part of our weather maybe a month ayear max. Otherwise he's been satisfied. think of it as a large car and its more viable as a 4x4 no its just to tame. If your starting a family a c max would probaly be better. To be fair mate if your wifes just riding round with a nipper aboard akuga is overkill. We managed in a ka and then mk3 fiesta until we were given the fusion (which contray to motoring journalists) has been fantastic. Hope this helps.

hmm, sounds as if the Kuga interms of a 'performer' is pretty pants. like i say, we wont bu pulling owt but once we have wee ones, i will definately be getting a bigger car. maybe i will wait for now and see whats on the meerkat come next year or so.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Don't do it. My Kuga is PATHETIC in the snow. Can't even make it up hill in slush. Overtaken by a variety of 2WDs. And to add insult to injury the fuel consuption is pathetic too. Currently averaging 26MPG. I've learnt by my mistake, it's not too late for others.

1) please dont buy a 4x4 just because we get a few days of snow, as a few of the post on here indicate there is more to driving on snow than sitting behind the wheel of a 4x4 which can often prove harder to drive in slippery conditions than a car.

2) 4x4s take more stopping than a car, many owners who are used to cars find this difficult particularly in icy conditions

3) You say you want a bigger car no problem with that, but a 4x4 isnt a car and will not drive or handle like one and seldom have a similar mpg.

4) You also make the comment that your wife will drive the Kuga most of the time can I suggest you let her test drive one and try to reverse and parallel park it. There are many drivers (both women & men) who own 4x4s and havent a clue how to park or negotiate narrow spaces.

Im not trying to put you off and I have owned various 4x4x myself but you do need to think about ownership and usage of these vehicles. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club