Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello from Lincolnshire

jakerwalton

Hi Everyone,

My username gives it away, but my name is Jake, I live in Spalding which a horrific town in Lincolnshire!

Kept saying I wasn't going to sign up because I didn't want to modify this car and thought being on a forum would give me inspiration to message about with it. 

I have had my 1.0T 2012 Ford Focus for 9 months now. Not a bad car other than wheel bearings going at 32k which seems to be a Ford thing!

I suppose I shall show you what I used to drive and where I am now and see how much hate I get!

First one is soon after I picked up my old car, second is how it ended. Last one is my car now :)

2015-03-10 15.37.16.jpg

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_1901.JPG.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi. I'm going to start lol. Those little Suzukis can be little pocket rockets and drive like they are on rails. You clearly liked your previous car and you can see how much effort and money you must have put in to it. Lower than a politicians morals! I can't say I'm a fan of the finished product but I can appreciate a well modified car. Let's see how long it is before things start changing on the focus [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Hi. I'm going to start lol. Those little Suzukis can be little pocket rockets and drive like they are on rails. You clearly liked your previous car and you can see how much effort and money you must have put in to it. Lower than a politicians morals! I can't say I'm a fan of the finished product but I can appreciate a well modified car. Let's see how long it is before things start changing on the focus emoji6.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly, not sure I liked it in the end. I bought stuff because it was rare and I wanted it to stand out more than because I liked them. 

Front lip was one of 2 in the country and diffuser was one of 16 worldwide I believe. Not many people had the balls to go that low so I did it, but yes I got stuck on speed bumps and in multi storey car parks regularly haha. 

I'm going to be relatively sensible with the focus. I want the rear half of the car windows tinting, 3D domed gel plates and maybe a wiper delete on the back but I'm not too sure yet. Ford badges look scruffy so need replacing and possibly get the old indicator bulbs out and chrome cap bulbs in to get rid of the orange tinge. But that is everything... for now!

Maybe there was a reason it was 1 of only 2 in the country [emoji87] yeah, it was very brave to go so low but someone has to do it! What was the drop? Was it bagged? I'm assuming not as you said it would get stuck. Did you do much inside, an ICE install? I did notice that the private plates are different in both pics.
Window tints will get it looking smarter and would you consider pressed plates? Gel badges will look decent too, you can choose a colour scheme for future mods [emoji6] get the badges off the car maybe, clean up the back end a little. I've never seen the point of a wiper delete as I use mine too much, I know it's not essential but I've become attached to it now. I did a wiper delete on my old mk4 Golf and it was a bit of a ball ache for not much benefit visually. I also did a single wiper conversion at the front, I did it the 'poor mans way' haha. Took the drivers side wiper off, arm and all and stuck it on the passenger side arm mount. It was totally useless, I have no idea how people could drive with it like that.

20 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Maybe there was a reason it was 1 of only 2 in the country emoji87.png yeah, it was very brave to go so low but someone has to do it! What was the drop? Was it bagged? I'm assuming not as you said it would get stuck. Did you do much inside, an ICE install? I did notice that the private plates are different in both pics.
Window tints will get it looking smarter and would you consider pressed plates? Gel badges will look decent too, you can choose a colour scheme for future mods emoji6.png get the badges off the car maybe, clean up the back end a little. I've never seen the point of a wiper delete as I use mine too much, I know it's not essential but I've become attached to it now. I did a wiper delete on my old mk4 Golf and it was a bit of a ball ache for not much benefit visually. I also did a single wiper conversion at the front, I did it the 'poor mans way' haha. Took the drivers side wiper off, arm and all and stuck it on the passenger side arm mount. It was totally useless, I have no idea how people could drive with it like that.

Could well be! haha. Was about a 70-75mm drop static on kW v1 coilers so it was a track set up and not damping adjustable so it was back breaking, but as every good story starts out - "It'll be fun if I.." and I did it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Private plate came on the car, everyone told me it said 'too slow' so it went. Got my private plate for my 21st birthday and it went on the car :) 

Inside was the pioneer sph-da120 which had the apple car play or whatever it was, can't remember now. Pioneer 6.5" door Speakers front and rear and a 12" alpine type r sub false floor boot build with a JBL amp strapped underneath it. Took it to the German vs Japanese show and tested the audio and it came out at 109dB which I thought seemed suitable for waking my neighbours up every morning!

Where do people get their gel badges from nowadays? Read quite a lot about DMB Graphics losing Ford licensing for making them? I keep toying with metal pressed plates but I just think that the gel plates look cleaner and more modern. Might have a play around on photoshop and see how it would look without badges and wiper and see how I feel about it. I have plenty of time off work at the minute with my broken ankle so have time to play around a bit.

We all do daft stuff with cars, if that's the worst you have done then you're probably miles ahead of most people on the swift owners forum!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club