Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Handbrake Button Stuck 2013 Fiesta

zak.d

Hi guys,

The handbrake button on my 2013 fiesta is stuck in, last night I pulled the handbrake up and the button stayed in (didn't pop out), the handbrake still works but it's quite annoying. Hoping someone has a quick fix.

Thanks

I take it the handbrake isn't ratcheting then, a bit like a cheap drift car? I'd assume the spring had dislodged from it's position if you can pull the button out yourself. A technical tap may fix it. Then again you might have to take it apart. Sometimes there is a grub screw at the bottom, other times it can unscrew.

Have you made sure it isn't stuck in at an angle? If so a small screwdriver might be able to pry it back square and it should pop out.

• Like 1

Hi Luke, 

Thanks for the response, the handbrake is ratcheting but the button isn't popping out, i'll check if its stuck at an angle and will try and get a picture up.

Thanks

check if part of trim on handbrake, maybe it moved into dashboard direction(making looking like button is stuck).You should be able to move this part of trim applying a little bit more(no screws or fix point there).

Thanks

• Like 2

Tuha you are a legend my friend, I applied a bit of pressure at the base of the handbrake and voila its fixed.

Thank you very much, Ford wanted £50 just to investigate the problem.

This forums great.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there. I have had the same problem. I have tried moving the handbrake a lot to dislodge it but no joy. Being a novice, can anyone give me really simple instructions on how I may be able to fix it.

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem on my 2016 Ford Fiesta the push button on handbrake won’t pop out. Hand brake still works but button is stuck inside. Any tips on how to release it would be good thanks guys

• 2 years later...
On 8/10/2017 at 1:29 PM, Tuha said:

check if part of trim on handbrake, maybe it moved into dashboard direction(making looking like button is stuck).You should be able to move this part of trim applying a little bit more(no screws or fix point there).

Thanks

Tuha you're still a legend nearly 5 year on from this post. Thank you

• 8 months later...
On 8/10/2017 at 1:29 PM, Tuha said:

Thanks

Thank you from me for this old post, it's just worked a treat and my problem was solved within minutes after reading this.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club