Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Protection against lock breakers?

Balazs

Hi All,

I'm a happy owner of a Mk 7.5 Fiesta but there is one thing that drives me crazy. Yesterday someone broke the lock on the door and stole some money from my car while I was on the beach. It's been the second time this happened within 6 months. The weird thing is that the cars parking around mine didn't seem to have their locks broken, only mine was. I was wondering if it's a design issue of this model...?

Anyway my main question is if you know any good protection against such thefts? I talked to a friend from a Ford garage and he said that the original Ford alarm disarms in such case as the car is being opened through the lock (even if it happens without the key). He also mentioned that some owners replace their lock with a plug, which is sort of risky even with such a keyless system.

So anyone has any good idea on a solution please let me know. I tried to google it but had no luck.

Thanks,
Balazs

Don't leave any money in your car, and don't park it in such a bad place. If they want to get in, they will, so don't give them an excuse to break in. Even if you fix them getting in through the lock, they'll only smash the window.

Also look into relocating the obd2 port. As soon as someone plugs into it, they can practically control the car completely. 

• Like 1

you can also mount bluetooth relay for fuel pump etc. non standard way of thinking it`s always good idea-take longer to brake. 

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Don't leave any money in your car, and don't park it in such a bad place. If they want to get in, they will, so don't give them an excuse to break in. Even if you fix them getting in through the lock, they'll only smash the window.

Also look into relocating the obd2 port. As soon as someone plugs into it, they can practically control the car completely. 

I normally don't leave any valuable thing in the car but it still seems to be a better option than leaving it on the beach abandoned while I'm surfing...

But the thing is that they didn't see the money so they would have done it even if it wasn't there, and that's my biggest concern, not loosing the money. It wasn't a bad place at all, in fact there is security in the car park that tries to keep bad guys away (with not much luck apparently).

This video may be of little help. 

even if you don't leave things on show in your car, don't forget when you are parked and sitting in the car hiding stuff, or standing beside the car putting stuff in the boot or glovebox , someone can be watching you do this. Like  I get out of my car with my wife, she then hands me her bag and says out loud, can you put this in the boot because I don't want to carry it.  Not the best move.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club