Do Not Sell My Personal Information

17 inch alloy centre caps

antward91

my wheels are standard 17inch zetec s alloys 2010, does anyone know what size centre caps are? there's lots of 54mm on eBay, are aftermarket ones as good fit as from ford?

Most original Ford alloy wheels have 54 mm center caps. However there are some exceptions that have different size center caps.

You either need to measure the center caps or look at the part number of the center caps. Original center caps have the part number casted on the back side. 

Personally I prefer original center caps. In my opinion these are the best fit. Original 54 mm center caps are available in blue, black and silver. However the blue ones are usually the cheapest.

thanks mate, I think I'll stick to the original ford caps then. is there a way of getting the old caps out without taking the wheel off or damaging the alloys?

On 12/08/2017 at 7:28 AM, JW1982 said:

Most original Ford alloy wheels have 54 mm center caps. However there are some exceptions that have different size center caps.

You either need to measure the center caps or look at the part number of the center caps. Original center caps have the part number casted on the back side. 

Personally I prefer original center caps. In my opinion these are the best fit. Original 54 mm center caps are available in blue, black and silver. However the blue ones are usually the cheapest.

thanks mate, I think I'll stick to the original ford caps then. is there a way of getting the old caps out without taking the wheel off or damaging the alloys?

I always remove the wheels and push the center caps out from the inside of the wheel. 

If the center caps are damaged and need to be replaced anyway you can also dril a small hole in the middle of the center caps and insert a large screw. Next the center caps can be  pulled out of the wheel easily with a pair of pliers. 

My 17" alloys are from a Volvo the caps just pop off with a screwdriver I sprayed mines moondust silver and plenty clearcoat to hide the Volvo logo and pretty much matches the wheels and car :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently purchased both the original and aftermarket 54mm centre caps.

The quality of the Ford ones is superior, however there's not a lot in it. It will be interesting to see how they weather with time.

I had my alloys on my Mondeo refurbished and new Ford centre caps fitted. I also purchased aftermarket centre caps for my wife's Focus Mk2.5. To fit (on the Focus) I drilled a small hole in the old ones and used an L-shaped Allan key to pull them out - much easier and quicker than removing the wheel. 

• 4 years later...

Wow, this thread is over four years old. I've just ordered four of these for mine, as the ones on it are looking tatty. I used a very small flat head screwdriver to pop one out in no time at all, just lift one side a bit, then move to the other side and it came right out with zero damage (not that I was bothered as they are being replaced) the number inside the cap corresponds with what I've ordered, so they should fit right? 6M21-1003-AA, 17" wheel.

Thanks guys, as always

Steve

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club