Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BEST/CHEAPEST EOLYS FLUID (and from where)?

gooty

been reading up and some sites say not to put cheap eBay eolys fluid in.

One  also said u need to put 2.5 ltrs in as it wont reset if not full????

Is this true and what eolys do you guys use and from where?

Thanks

UPDATE:

Cheapest one I could find that was made for fords was on eBay (didnt want to save a few pounds on cheaper jml one and risk ruining my engine). Its listed as for volvos/fords and cost £70 for 1.5ltr with filling kit (includes delivery). 

NB: You need to wear gloves, goggles and mask as this is dangerous stuff!!!!!

You will also need a small electricians screwdriver and a torch.

I didnt have to jack up the car. I'm a large guy and I did it easily by just sliding under with my back on the ground.

Firstly, attach the big bore pipe screw lid to the kits eolys fluid container and the small bore pipe screw lid to the kits smaller empty container. Crawl underneath and remove both the inlet tank pipe 'bung' (tanks long pipe) and the overflow tank pipe 'bung' (tanks short pipe). These 'bungs' are removed by using a small electricians screwdriver to lever out a different coloured 'clip' thats in-built into the 'bungs' side before you pull it off, 

Next, push on the refill kit connectors 'bungs' by firstly holding in the sprung mechanism on either side. You will hear/feel the click as they engage. Leave the kits empty overflow container on the ground with its screw-on lid slightly loose so as to let the air out during refill. Crawl out and stand up, then hold the refill bottle as high as it will go. Twist the on/off valve built into its cap to 'open',  then invert and squeeze gently.

When new fluid can be seen entering the overflow pipe, you know that your cars tank is full. Remove the kit etc. and replace the original bungs.

Reset your cars computer to 'dpf fluid full' with forscan and its done.

Job took 20mins.

NB: my local fords wanted £140 to do this job (didn't ask, but assuming this included VAT). As one refill bottle wasnt enough, it would have been just as cheap to have them do it lol. 

• Like 1

EDIT:

This part is wrong...

'The 'bungs' are removed by using a small electricians screwdriver to lever out a different coloured 'clip' thats in-built into the 'bungs' side before you pull it off.'

It should be....

'The 'bungs' are removed by pressing/holding in the different coloured  section on its side as you pull off.' 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club