Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice on mods for my car

Tomson

Hi all,

looking to update my car a bit - got some Eibach springs going in soon, cobra exhaust on back and debating a Tripple R Comp splitter on the front as they now do one for the Mk3 ZS.

• Like 1

Great looking car now what would I do,  Eibach is good start, I might also fit the Koni FSD shocks these sound great and I would see about getting it remapped.  

Nice looking motor. In addition to lowering it, if it were mine I'd consider the following:

• debadge
  • detango
  • dechrome
  • upgrade interior lights to LEDs
  • wind deflectors
  • mud flaps
  • clear rear brake light
  • darker alloys
  • Like 1

Nice looking motor. In addition to lowering it, if it were mine I'd consider the following:
  • debadge
  • detango
  • dechrome
  • upgrade interior lights to LEDs
  • wind deflectors
  • mud flaps
  • clear rear brake light
  • darker alloys

You only really left me with one other idea lol, I was going to say all of these plus change the OEM aerial to a stubby one.

The front splitter in the second picture, is that the standard one? It looks good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

You only really left me with one other idea lol, I was going to say all of these plus change the OEM aerial to a stubby one.

The front splitter in the second picture, is that the standard one? It looks good.

Cheers for the advice so far guys!

The splitter is OEM; it's the standard Zetec S splitter for the prefacelift Mk3 and is a two piece - quite smart really! - mine also came with a clear rear brake light as standard.

some of the suggestions I've already done (pics are a couple weeks old)

I've detangoed, wind deflectors, upgraded interior lights.

Darker alloys is definitely on my list, but would I go gun metal or satin/gloss black??

First of all, more pictures are required [emoji6] we always like to see a good project coming together.
I'm not sure that I would change that splitter it looks pretty good to me, but if you want it to look individual then I guess it's an option.
I would consider trying to wrap the chrome strip on the grill and fog surrounds, can't see that costing more than £20 if you do it yourself.
The wheels are a tough one, I'm a fan of a set of gun metal alloys but I'm not sure in your case. What size are your alloys just now? They look right on the car, and should look even better with the eibachs. I'd be tempted to get them dipped, you could try something unique. Gun metal with a silver or gold fleck that sparkles in the sunlight but can't be seen in normal conditions.
Painting the callipers, that's the other thing to do. I've always wondered what white ones would look like on a dark car with dark alloys. Probably horrendous lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

First of all, more pictures are required emoji6.png we always like to see a good project coming together.
I'm not sure that I would change that splitter it looks pretty good to me, but if you want it to look individual then I guess it's an option.
I would consider trying to wrap the chrome strip on the grill and fog surrounds, can't see that costing more than £20 if you do it yourself.
The wheels are a tough one, I'm a fan of a set of gun metal alloys but I'm not sure in your case. What size are your alloys just now? They look right on the car, and should look even better with the eibachs. I'd be tempted to get them dipped, you could try something unique. Gun metal with a silver or gold fleck that sparkles in the sunlight but can't be seen in normal conditions.
Painting the callipers, that's the other thing to do. I've always wondered what white ones would look like on a dark car with dark alloys. Probably horrendous lol.

Cheers dude! Appreciate the feedback! The splitter will be staying put, the TRC splitter fits underneath but I'm not 100% on it as the only car with it fitted on their website is a camo wrapped example. I do have a project thread on this forum under Batmods. Everything I've done so far is on there :)

the wheels are 18inch and I really like them but the car does sport too much chrome for me. I have debated wrapping the car similar to this guys:

IMG_2684.PNG

• Like 2

Lowering it and putting the TRC splitter on might make it pretty impractical for everyday use mightn't it? Do you have a wagon because you need the boot space, and do you carry heavy loads as that would have an impact on my decision if I owned the car. I do like that RS, colour looks smart, not sure if it would lend itself to that striking bright colour. Do you have photoshop? I love the primer grey colour Ford have but it is a 'special' colour ☹️

• Like 1

stainless steel custom exhaust ( centre exit would look awesome on an estate if the spare wheel well isnt in the way )

illuminated gearknob ( pricey but looks very trick at night as i have one fitted in mine )

door sill covers ( have seen sets on eBay with laser etched zetec logo for £40ish )

RS bonnet vents

painted calipers

fog light bezels resprayed in gloss black

pressed steel number plates

fluffy dice.......... :-D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, biff55 said:

stainless steel custom exhaust ( centre exit would look awesome on an estate if the spare wheel well isnt in the way )

illuminated gearknob ( pricey but looks very trick at night as i have one fitted in mine )

door sill covers ( have seen sets on ebay with laser etched zetec logo for £40ish )

RS bonnet vents

painted calipers

fog light bezels resprayed in gloss black

pressed steel number plates

fluffy dice.......... :-D

Do you have pics of the illuminated gear knob? Sounds interesting...

2 hours ago, Tomson said:

Do you have pics of the illuminated gear knob? Sounds interesting...

IMG-20161026-00011.thumb.jpg.0c4c8e84995e0a79eeb0106e47980d90.jpgIMG-20161026-00040.thumb.jpg.c9730501a557dc57c4688f30117c8060.jpg

i think the mk3 version looks the same but is 6 speed and with blue illumination to match the mk3's gauges 

;-)

• Like 2