Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moisture Around Spare Tyre

Dupont

Anyone had problems with what can only be described as a thin film of condensation/moisture in boot area. 

Predominantly in and around tyre well?

Boot carpets feel dry and no obvious leak so not sure what is going on? Dried up spare wheel and left it a couple days. No rain at all and when checking moisture on spare rim and floor around it.

2007 Mondeo Diesel. Any ideas? 

I know some cars used to have drain holes in the bottom of the well, not sure if the mk4 has them. Have you smelled the fluid, could it be rear screen wash?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I know some cars used to have drain holes in the bottom of the well, not sure if the mk4 has them. Have you smelled the fluid, could it be rear screen wash?

It definitely isn't screen wash. It is too spread out for that. It is more like a condensation under the board that lifts up to reveal spare tyre. 

Been reports of the cable grommets in the tailgate letting rain water through

• Like 1

Ok I think I have solved it.

When I open tailgate any water on screen just rolls off and most of it drops directly into boot area.

Apparently Ford fitted a different rear windscreen in after 2008 so it only affects 2007 models.

Any ideas of a fix?

I think it was just the seal that was revised

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pragmatix said:

I think it was just the seal that was revised

Do you know if the revised seal fits the 2007 model?

Ok I think I have solved it.
When I open tailgate any water on screen just rolls off and most of it drops directly into boot area.
Apparently Ford fitted a different rear windscreen in after 2008 so it only affects 2007 models.
Any ideas of a fix?

Bugger, I knew that lol. Totally forgot, and @pragmatix is correct it was a seal revision that rectified the problem. Only to create another problem, the water now 'cascades' off onto the person opening the boot haha. Sorry, I have no clue if the new seal fits a 2007.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My 2009 also lets water run into the boot area when `I lift the tailgate.

I now open it slowly so the water runs into the channels each side of the tailgate area.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club