Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats the cheapest re-map available for the 2.0 TDCI?

Trillionz

I have remapped cars in the past. I still have the gear to do it but not for this car. As I understand it this type of ECM needs to be removed and cracked open.

So there must be someone doing a cheap postal service on these isn't there? 

EDIT: quick look on eBay and I see that you can Bluefin these so it must be possible to do it through OBD port with some sort of cable.

Someone selling a 1.8 map for £10 taken from a customers car.:biggrin:

Many places do remaps, it's suggested on here to always have a custom map, as your car could be in better condition engine wise to be able to push more power, it also gives you the opportunity to tell the tech what mods have been done. 

If it's a standard car you want more power from then bluefin is easiest option, or you can take it to pretty much anyone who does there own maps, don't do off the shelf maps that anyone can download and install, it's safer to keep the original ford pcm file. 

What I am thinking is that if I ever need a DPF then a remap would then become half price so I am just looking at what options are out there now for me to think about. By half price I mean get it mapped out and dumped in with a map.

I do have the software to be able to take someone else's map from a similar speced car and copy the tuned areas of the map across to mine making my own custom map. I have tinkered with several other cars but the flashing cables for them were only £10:biggrin: 

I thought there would be a well respected postal service for such a common car that was as cheap as chips. :wacko:

8 hours ago, Trillionz said:

What I am thinking is that if I ever need a DPF then a remap would then become half price so I am just looking at what options are out there now for me to think about. By half price I mean get it mapped out and dumped in with a map.

I do have the software to be able to take someone else's map from a similar speced car and copy the tuned areas of the map across to mine making my own custom map. I have tinkered with several other cars but the flashing cables for them were only £10:biggrin: 

I thought there would be a well respected postal service for such a common car that was as cheap as chips. :wacko:

I had my car remapped at somewhere that might not be too far from you, company called West Yorkshire Tuning, top bloke took around 3 hours and it's not missed a beat since and my fuel economy is much better now even when I am planting it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club