Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calipers

RedFez

Hi Guys,

I want to know if i can spray paint or just paint with a brush (if i had the correct paint) my calipers?

I want them red as it will keep it looking awesome with the black rims i have at the mo.

I saw someone the other day did this to their fiesta but never put how they did it or what paint they used etc.

Cheers,

think you would need heat proof paint :smile:

• Like 1

i would brush paint them.   easier as less masking to avoid overspray, also with a brush you can work the paint into nooks and crannies better.  But preparation is vital, no good putting paint on dirt and rust deposits in corners etc as the paint will flake off in time.

• Like 1

I myself would remove the calipers from the car, sand it down, primer then get a spray can with red paint made for calipers and just spray it. Isetta's method is also good however do prepare the calipers first i.e sand them and clean them with IPA

• Like 1

OK Brill thanks guys useful info! i will give it a go and see how it turns out :)

Just to respond to this in case anybody wants to do the same:

I have just stumbled across this paint:

Heat resistant and comes with a cleaner.

Link for it below:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/paints-and-primers/caliper-paint/?993771921&0&cc5_809&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlMXMBRC1ARIsAKKGuwjG4CjAS91mBGw8Jcy5e_5pgGC_7FXD8j-YkDFfYAf03WhT_WMIXiMaApyAEALw_wcB 

I scrubbed mine with a steel brush, washed them down with wheel cleaner, then washed that off. Once they were dry I brush painted them with a heat resistant paint. I actually used spray paint and just sprayed it into the cap to provide my palette. Once dry I did a second coat. I think they look great and it saves a lot of time in masking, etc. 

IMG_6163.JPG

IMG_6165.JPG

• Like 3

Might paint my calipers with a brush by the way your calipers look ThaiFiesta. That blue looks the same as the one you get on the focus RS. Just not sure wherever to paint my calipers red or gloss black 

• Like 1

yeh it just gives it that more personal and expensive look to it, i really want to change my car in a few years was thinking of getting the RS front bumper and then wrapping my car in a matte dark grey then getting lime green calipers and lime green around the grill and maybe get a mesh grill fitted instead of the honey comb. So many ideas - just need the money  :shock:

Some insurers do class this as a modification.   Probably think it's more likely to be stolen.

Yeah that's true but I can't see a thief thinking 'oh that car looks nice because it has red calipers I might nick it'. Some of these limitations are like ways for insurers to make money. 

• Like 2

I had the luxury of having the car off the road for a few days. Mine were originally coated red from the factory as they are ST calipers. I keyed them with a coarse scotch pad and then gave them four coats of caliper paint. I'm actually looking at re painting them with polyurethane 2k paint.

DSCF2236.JPG

• Like 2