Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is this from?!

Patrico777

Hi

recently noticed after heavy rain that has been here this morning I have water inside the shock from top how the f*** did that get there ??? 

IMG_7642.JPG

IMG_8288.JPG

IMG_8289.JPG

• Like 2

Comes down from the windscreen onto the scuttle and drips onto the top of the strut, just dry it with tissues and spray with oil periodically or put a light smear of grease on the strut thread/nut and check for water every now & then. If your really parnickety I suppose you could make a bung from silicon sealant, smear a little grease over the cup/strut thread/nut, cover the strut thread/nut in polythene, and cover it in the silicon, once it sets remove the 'bung' & polythene and replace the 'bung in the hole. Problem solved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Comes down from the windscreen onto the scuttle and drips onto the top of the strut, just dry it with tissues and spray with oil periodically or put a light smear of grease on the strut thread/nut and check for water every now & then. If your really parnickety I suppose you could make a bung from silicon sealant, smear a little grease over the cup/strut thread/nut, cover the strut thread/nut in polythene, and cover it in the silicon, once it sets remove the 'bung' & polythene and replace the 'bung in the hole. Problem solved.

U meam put grease on nut ? What will it do ? And then if I want I can put silicone in the hole ? How come it comes from windscreen i dont get how it can go there

6 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

U meam put grease on nut ? What will it do

Stops it from going rusty same as the silicone idea wont stop the water running down though. Wax oil may work too

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gizza11 said:

Stops it from going rusty same as the silicone idea wont stop the water running down though. Wax oil may work too

I will try and use silicone then, fill the hole how does the water get there I dont get it guys lool 😂😂😂

Sweet car Patrick!

I know it's off topic but i wanted to tell you! I also hope you fixed the water issue!

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't have you model of car I was just explaining it stops the rust, water will get into  many places just cos' it can ( silly answer but true)Like my Focus gets in through the bonnet vents but that's my fault for fitting them in the first place. Some one on here may know a fix if there is one

10 minutes ago, TDR|XTC said:

Sweet car Patrick!

I know it's off topic but i wanted to tell you! I also hope you fixed the water issue!

Thanks its FOR SALE 🤛

37 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

U meam put grease on nut ? What will it do ? And then if I want I can put silicone in the hole ? How come it comes from windscreen i dont get how it can go there

Open your bonnet, let water run down the drivers side of your windscreen and watch where it goes! I had a mk6 fiesta for 8 years and my son had a mk6 facelift, both did the same as yours!

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Open your bonnet, let water run down the drivers side of your windscreen and watch where it goes! I had a mk6 fiesta for 8 years and my son had a mk6 facelift, both did the same as yours!

What was your fix filling up the hole with silicone ? Only left side does it

1 minute ago, Patrico777 said:

What was your fix filling up the hole with silicone ? Only left side does it

I explained the fix in my original post (I used to dry the recess and sprayed WD40 over it) and yes it ONLY happened on one side!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russ said:

I explained the fix in my original post (I used to dry the recess and sprayed WD40 over it) and yes it ONLY happened on one side!

I try and fill up the hole tomorrow

• Like 1

If you're really bothered about it you can buy covers for the strut tops which should just slot in place. Saw them about on eBay a while back. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jbell said:

If you're really bothered about it you can buy covers for the strut tops which should just slot in place. Saw them about on eBay a while back. 

Link???

3 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Link???

eBay.co.uk. Can't remember exactly what to search, but you know what you're looking for :) 

On my zetec s I just filled the hole with grease and tapped it. These bits are prone to rusting and could give problems if you wanted to take them off

Very common in this model. Buy the eBay rubber bungs. Search Fiesta mk 6 strut bung

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Very common in this model. Buy the eBay rubber bungs. Search Fiesta mk 6 strut bung

Thanks just ordered this hopefully no more leaks 

IMG_8310.PNG

• Like 2

I literally just bought some of them because I was having the same issue, only the driver's side.

23 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

Thanks just ordered this hopefully no more leaks 

Make sure you spray some anti-rust or grease in before you put the bung in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Make sure you spray some anti-rust or grease in before you put the bung in

Wd40?

15 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

Wd40?

Something with a bit more staying power. Heavy duty grease. There's s few spray versions

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club