Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying secondhand Mk3 2.0tdci auto

rich57

Hi everybody . . . I am not sure I am posting this in the right place but here goes :smile:  I am looking at changing my much loved Mk2 Focus 1.8 petrol Zetec for a Mk3 2.0tdci auto, maybe a 2012/13 model. I want something reasonably powerful and also an automatic so this is my choice. I was wondering if there are any owners here who can tell me anything I should look out for and what they think of their 2.0tdci auto. Thanks in advance.   

Make sure it isn't a Powershift Auto!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1979Damian said:

Make sure it isn't a Powershift Auto!

Thanks, I heard about problems with Powershift but I was not sure if it applied to all models?, so I am assuming the Focus 2.0tdci is affected?

2.0 tdci is the dct450 powershift, not many problems with this box. the dct 250 is the problematic one fitted to the 1,6 petrol

• Like 2

i have a 2013 2.o auto  titanium

its a great car    just make shure the gearbox oil and filter has been recently changed  i think it has to be changed every 2 years  its £250.00 to get it done at ford

and it has a full service history , other than that just check for the normal things , all i have done to mine is added the K&N filter  ans DRLs at the front  

If you do the gear oil change make sure you use what Ford uses, as there are a greater number of specifications than engine oil.

• Like 2

Gearbox oil and filter change is 37.5k or 3yrs whichever is sooner

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iantt said:

2.0 tdci is the dct450 powershift, not many problems with this box. the dct 250 is the problematic one fitted to the 1,6 petrol

Is the dct 250 the one that is also fitted to the Fiesta in 1.6 petrol form?

Thanks for the replies and your help guys... yesterday I took the plunge and bought a low mileage 2012 Focus 2.0 TDCi Titanium X auto, pick it up next week. Its full of gadgets including park assist, not sure if I dare use that but we’ll see :smile: 

Is the dct 250 the one that is also fitted to the Fiesta in 1.6 petrol form?

Yes

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have the new car (2012 Focus 2.0 TDCi Titanium X auto), generally I am very pleased with it. There is just one thing though; there is what I can only describe as a fluttering sound coming from the automatic transmission when accelerating, I am taking it back into the Ford dealer where I brought it from this week. Does this noise sound familiar to anyone?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club