Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car polishers?

Lygo

Hi all,

We have a Ford Focus, the pale metallic blue colour, less than a year old. Living and driving daily in central London has left poor Bryan a bit dull looking. He was such a pretty baby. Still is but his sparkle is gone.

Taking him through the carwash fills me with dread as I hate the thought of him getting scratched. I cannot find a single reputable valet near us. Family and friends have used some but not one would recommend any as all had problems (scratches, polish swirls, theft!). I wash and polish him myself but he's still missing that lustre he used to have.

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buy a handheld car polisher but a "proper" one, not the Halfords £20 ones. The professional ones are apparently capable of bringing a car back to show room shine and both come with a money back guarantee which is reassuring.

The 2 best I've found with great reviews are the Porter cable 7424 and the Ultimate detailing Machine. They both seem to be great machines but I'm jsut wondering if anyone has any personal experience before I fork out almost $200 for it.

The wife is also curious as she wants to use it for waxing the small bit of wooden floor inside the front door :huh:

Fab forum by the way.

porter cable rule... definatly worth it but make sure you rad the manual and use it carefully,

great results

• 4 weeks later...
porter cable rule... definatly worth it but make sure you rad the manual and use it carefully,

great results

you want supagard 100 you can buy this on eBay for £4 it brings them up well, same polish that the garages charge you £600 for when you buy a new motor :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club