Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

O/T - Corrie and Eastenders

KeithC

Now then, let's get down to something serious.

OK, this is something that's always puzzled me, but can someone answer why Eastenders always seems to beat Corrie when it comes to awards and viewing figures? Being better is not an option, it's all down to personal opinion which makes it subjective.

I've a few questions I can't answer.

Is it because Eastenders is based in London and it's a parochial thing and that most of the media is based there?

Is it really that depressing? I only watch about 3 episodes a year, you know, Chrimbo at the in laws and such, yet there are never any laugh out loud moments that you get with Corrie. I do catch the odd 10 minutes here and there waiting for other programmes, but I never seem to see any humour

Are people down south so serious and struggle with the northern sense of humour?

It can't be anything to do with the actors as both seem to be splashed with good and very poor.

I never miss Corrie, Sky+ is my friend, but you can guarantee, no matter what serious story line is taking the lead, there is always something funny going on whether it be a script or a character, something I rarely see when I do watch Eastenders.

So, why do so many people watch Eastenders. If you watch Eastenders, why?

Now then, let's get down to something serious.

OK, this is something that's always puzzled me, but can someone answer why Eastenders always seems to beat Corrie when it comes to awards and viewing figures? Being better is not an option, it's all down to personal opinion which makes it subjective.

I've a few questions I can't answer.

Is it because Eastenders is based in London and it's a parochial thing and that most of the media is based there?

Is it really that depressing? I only watch about 3 episodes a year, you know, Chrimbo at the in laws and such, yet there are never any laugh out loud moments that you get with Corrie. I do catch the odd 10 minutes here and there waiting for other programmes, but I never seem to see any humour

Are people down south so serious and struggle with the northern sense of humour?

It can't be anything to do with the actors as both seem to be splashed with good and very poor.

I never miss Corrie, Sky+ is my friend, but you can guarantee, no matter what serious story line is taking the lead, there is always something funny going on whether it be a script or a character, something I rarely see when I do watch Eastenders.

So, why do so many people watch Eastenders. If you watch Eastenders, why?

Are you sure you have the right forum for this topic

Are you sure you have the right forum for this topic

Yeah, it's where the saddos hang out, isn't it?

I watch both, over the top of the laptop when the missus is watching them, so i keep abreast of the major storylines but i can't say i'm a massive fan of either. But i am in love with Roxy Mitchell, she loooks dead dirty. And lately, even more in love with her mother Glenda! She's red hot! :wub:

But my absolute favourite soap is Emmerdale. That's the only one i'm bothered about if i miss an episode lol

:lol:

Yeah, it's where the saddos hang out, isn't it?

Be that as it may - it's the wrong part of the forum for it, so I'm moving it.

I was going to say that there is a "General Chat" forum for, I quote, "Talk about anything not Ford related", but you moved it before I could respond :P

Anyhow, last night (Monday), Coronation Street was the most watched (as per digital spy; I only watch CS and ED (EE is too depressing imo).

because my wife has the remote :(

Buy her one for herself yer tight get :P

(we have his and hers remotes for the living room and bedroom TVs in our house B) )

Buy her one for herself yer tight get :P

(we have his and hers remotes for the living room and bedroom TVs in our house B) )

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posh :)

No way I’m doing that :huh: … I would never get to watch the likes of Top Gear without her messin’ with the channels all the time :)

What a load of irrelevant TOSH

While this was posted on the wrong part of the forum, it did start with the abbreviation for off topic. It's now in the right part of the forum and you've come back to read it for a second time despite knowing what the original post is about - so lighten up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club