Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Bluetooth? ??

Fishead749

Hi just a 59 1.8 zetec and was wondering what's involved in fitting bluetooth to it so I can use use my phone,is it a case of just change the stereo cos I can't activate it even though I have a green and red phone button on it on mine or do I need other bits like a mic etc,cheers

It's often cheaper to get a non factory system i.e. Pioneer/Sony etc, I just picked up a Pioneer DAB head unit, DAB powered windscreen aerial, patch cable (for steering wheel controls) and Pioneer mic for just over £100 used off eBay.  If you choose the factory option you need to ensure the parts have part numbers within certain ranges and I'm not sure if anything will need to be 'activated' software wise with your car being a MK3.5.

He's got an MK2.5 not MK3.5. The activation of factory bluetooth doesn't require anything special at all apart from the correct bits. A few years ago there was an aftermarket Novero kit that came out that was plug and play with the Sony head unit that gave you everything including USB/iPod connectivity. Those have since been discontinued and are rare as you like to find.

1 hour ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

He's got an MK2.5 not MK3.5. The activation of factory bluetooth doesn't require anything special at all apart from the correct bits. A few years ago there was an aftermarket Novero kit that came out that was plug and play with the Sony head unit that gave you everything including USB/iPod connectivity. Those have since been discontinued and are rare as you like to find.

So he has.

I look at your signature when I replied, lol! :whistling:

3 minutes ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

I've got the loom for this kit available with a mic and standard bluetooth module without usb function it would not need activation but if you wanted to stream music it would need the later module . I heard novero had to stop making the kits after fords threatened legal action. 

17 hours ago, jimbojambojumbo said:

I heard novero had to stop making the kits after fords threatened legal action. 

That would explain that one then. What I found quite ironic is that I could actually download Ford firmware to it as well and it worked, and made it better!

On 23/08/2017 at 7:50 AM, DJ_Andy_M said:

That would explain that one then. What I found quite ironic is that I could actually download Ford firmware to it as well and it worked, and made it better!

Well novero made the original modules for fords as well as Nokia and the firmware was an official ford firmware I don't know why fords removed it from the website tho I guess maybe as it's 9 years old now they assumed everyone had used it that would probably need to 

Ford removed the Ford Audio Update for the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system from all official Ford websites when they stopped the support for this system. The latest available software version for this system was released in November 2012. Ford stopped the support for this system about 1/2 a Year later.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club