Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rest In Peace Mindel Mondeo

jeebowhite

I think my time with ford's has come to an end. I have had them for. Most my driving career, and I have been a member here for many years. But unfortunately my Mondeo is most likely going to be written off.

The problem I have is all of my cars I have had accidents in were ford's. The 'bus', and twice on the Mondeo. I have to wonder if the gods of driving are trying to tell me something...

On the prior occasions some tools have collided with me (as the old guys and regulars from yesteryear will know) the two times I had a crash I was stationary and vauxhalls tried to kill me. On this occasion it was a Renault who decided red was the new green, jumped the light and the rest as they say, is history.

So within 5 weeks of completing physiotherapy from my last accident, I'm back to crippling pain, sleep deprivation and walking around like I'm strapped to a board, so, thanks for that Julie!

So I will still be around (granted life has become very busy recently and I don't get on anywhere near enough these days), but I think the Mondeo is either going to be written off, or, If repaired, I will have to find her a new home as the idea of driving it around after front and rear impacts is unnerving...

I once write on a review for mindel and I, it would be 'till death us do part' and sadly looks like that's the case. 4784363d84da0bfefcab0fca64a526e9.jpg2cd421359ed18cfd47d1791f1ddb4f32.jpg9d935486eef022f05cb2e7b0c218f5df.jpg29b78061b1dd295c32d62ca0839c7456.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the accident Jeebo. Hope you have a swift recovery.

Thanks Dan :)

• Like 1

Ow.
Get well soon Fella.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You don't have much luck do you. all the best and good luck in whatever you decide

• Like 1

That looks repairable jeebo and my Focus took a slight knock on the same side last month due to an idiot thinking he had right of way and squeezing through traffic but I got away with just scratches but any how take care of yourself mate and fingers crossed it won't be too long before your running around  again .

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you've been in the wars again Jeebs. Wish you a swift recovery and hope you can find the love again!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ow.
Get well soon Fella.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers Clive. Hopefully you recovered well from your run in with the little *****?
You don't have much luck do you. all the best and good luck in whatever you decide
Thanks Steve, I think that's fair to say.
That looks repairable jeebo and my Focus took a slight knock on the same side last month due to an idiot thinking he had right of way and squeezing through traffic but I got away with just scratches but any how take care of yourself mate and fingers crossed it won't be too long before your running around  again .

Thanks ET, I'm not sure I would want it repaired. For a start, it's had the rear in driver side damaged and repaired, now the front may result in repair.

Problem is the value. Car is worth 1700,between panels, paint, labour, that's going to be half at least if not more. Then there's the suspension, hub and the fact it looks like the chassis is twisted and potentially also split. I'm thinking wishbone as well....
Sorry to hear you've been in the wars again Jeebs. Wish you a swift recovery and hope you can find the love again!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks Phil, yeah I'm hoping for a swift recovery, the pain is kicking up and it's annoying me.... Lol

• Like 1

Wow, very unlucky!!

Get better soon James, at least it was a relatively minor prang, always could be much worse.

As you said probably best to move onto another vehicle, it will probably be written off due to it's value anyway as you said.

Yeah thanks man, minor indeed, but the silly woman shoved us over a good 4 feet. I think the wheel and suspension took the worst of it so I don't even dare wonder how that's going to work

• Like 1

Well.... Conversations are not going well, aside being played around by the insurance handlers and every muppet involved sadly I learned something new and I will share it with you also I'm case you didn't know.

A car can be written off under one off two descriptions, and like me you might be surprised....

CONSTRUCTIVE LOSS - if your vehicle repairs exceed 66% of the vehicles overall value, then it's a constructive loss. Basically, written off because it's likely to be too expensive.

TOTAL LOSS - when the value of repairs exceed 100% of the vehicles value.

So as little as 2/3 of the value can be a write off. I knew it was a fraction of your value, but I thought it was 75 or 80% never did I imagine it was 66%!

Sorry to see your not having a happy time of it mate with the insurance and although I already understood that a car could be written off by the insurance company if deemed unrepairable due to excessive damage or cost I assumed the car would be repairable as long as the cost wasn't more than the cars estimated  value as back in 95 my Nova was hit at the rear pushing the back end up to about 6mm away from the rear tyres and was given the option of  £1000 or £800 plus the car back to sort out myself as the car was 12 years old at the time .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club