Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opinions on this car please?

speedzx

Hi Guys,

I am currently looking for a new car, particularly the Focus TDCi Zetec S models and I'd like some input, please.

Does anyone have the service booklet for the below car? What is considered high mileage for a diesel and what should I be looking for as the car has 78k miles, and would this put you off?

Can I get some opinions on the below, please? I think the price is too high, thoughts?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-Ford-Focus-2-0-TDCi-Zetec-S-5dr-/322641190207

All thoughts welcome.

Thanks,

Tom

Can you get the reg. number to check on fordetis?

if it's a 59 plate then Parkers used car price guide says about £4500 from a franchised dealer. The 2 litre is a good engine, I read that a cambelt change is needed after 8 years or 100 thousand miles

Very nice looking car, some good plus points only 2 previous keepers and a full service history. don't worry about the millage that's nothing as its been well looked after too. best bet is to go see it in person

Last MOT 11/8/2017 had the following advisories:

Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored both sides.

Front brake pads wearing thin both sides.

Offside rear tyre worn close to the legal limit

Central (?) front tyre worn close to the legal limit.

Might be worth asking them to fix those things as part of any deal to buy it.

very smart looking motor , but somewhat over priced imo , milage is high for the year but not massively, again imo.

wouldnt worry about any of the advisories , they are all consumable parts that need replacing eventually

i wouldnt want to pay much over 5000 if it was my cash.........

If you go for a TDCi (1.8 & 2.0 TDCi are both solid engines), do yourself and your wallet/credit card a favour and avoid the 1.6 TDCi engine!

The car in the link looks nice but overpriced.

Nothing wrong with the 1.6 tdci engine. It gets flack soley because it's the most common Focus engine, and thus most commonly not looked after. i.e not keeping up with servicing which carbs them up and can end up ultimately causing turbo problems. I've had mine since 2010, it's serviced regularly and just passed 100k miles. Never had a single problem with it.    

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club