Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!!! roof issue insurance claim

ArtfulDodger

Help!!! roof issue insurance claim

Our Ford Focus CC (convertible) was involved in a accident in which the other party crashed into the rear of our car. He admitted full liability and our car went for repair.

The cosmetic damage has been repaired however the convertible car roof no longer works.

The insurance company is disputing that the crash was the cause of the roof failure.

To me the matter is very straight forward, the roof worked before the crash and because of the crash it no longer works.

The insurance company "One Call" uses "Commercial Legal" to handle claims and they outsourced it to "Chief Rentals" and they have instructed the "National Accident Repair Group"
to inspect the vehicle on 24/08/2017 (tomorrow) to determine if the accident caused the roof failure.

As the roof worked before the crash and it doesn't work now either the accident was the cause of the roof failure, or the Ford Garage broke the roof
during the repair.

If outcome from "National Accident Repair Group" isn't that the roof failure was from the accident then Ford broke the roof and I'll need an
independent assessment done to help prove that.

The roof did work before the crash however after the crash we didn't test it ourselves I was wary that it might get "stuck" open or cause more damage,
I suspect therefore that if the roof/hydralics were "tested" during the initial inspection then that (as the boot was "bent") or the actual accident have
caused the roof to fail.

Does anybody have any advice for me at this point.

Does anybody know an expert Focus CC mechanic I can take the car to for the independant engineers report and I need to get the car and fixed at some point.