Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help with induction kit

Tom1711

Hi, last night I tried installing an induction kit (airtec stage 2) after It was fitted I started the engine and it was very rough on idle, the revs kept dropping like it was going to stall. I switched back to the original air intake, and all was fine. Today I tried it again, and once again it was idling very rough. I left it running for a few minutes and it sorted itself out, I took it for a drive and the engine malfunction warning came on the dash and the car felt like it was running minimum power. When I turn the engine off and restart it, it works fine for about 3-4 minutes then the problem starts again. Am I missing something or done something incorrect? It's a 2013 Fiesta 1.0L ecoboost btw

Thanks in advance 

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Have you reinstalled the MAF sensor? 

I have yeah 

7 minutes ago, Tom1711 said:

I have yeah 

With it being a new car I don't think disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes and reconnecting it will work but for free it's certainly worth a try, only other thing I can think of is you might have to get the car mapped to suit the new parameters of increased air flow.

23 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

With it being a new car I don't think disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes and reconnecting it will work but for free it's certainly worth a try, only other thing I can think of is you might have to get the car mapped to suit the new parameters of increased air flow.

I just flipped the maf sensor around, and all seems well at the moment, just been for a 20-25 minute drive and no problem. Could that have been the issue maybe? Although my start stop won't work now :rolleyes: thanks for you help!

Turning the car on and off a lot without letting it charge has probably stopped your stop/start from working. The battery has to be basically fully charged for it to work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom1711 said:

I just flipped the maf sensor around, and all seems well at the moment, just been for a 20-25 minute drive and no problem. Could that have been the issue maybe? Although my start stop won't work now :rolleyes: thanks for you help!

Their is a procedure to reset the start stop, key to position 2 (one before you turn the car on) press rear fog light 5 times then hazard light 3 times wait until the battery light flashes then turn the key back to off position. Fire up your car and take it for a quick spin see if it turns off when you stop, this worked for someones Fiesta on here so good luck :)

• Like 2