Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Camera with Rear one,advice.

jace1969

Mine is seeing better days but i don't really want a large one as i have the wedge one stuck on the center mirror cover and its amazing.

I was looking at a few and like the idea of the rear camera fixing into the front one and all working off 1 power point.

Reviews online are all over the place as some say good and some bad,i will add a link below to ones like im after or even fixed to the window or something like the link.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dashboard-Dashcam-G-Sensor-Blackbox-Recorder/dp/B01F5C950I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503559288&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=apeman+dash+cam&psc=1

I have two cars and, rather than buy two sets of dashcams, I have a camera clamp fixed to the passenger headrest.  It doesn't get in the way of anything and also gives a 'Driver's eye' view, rather than a record of what he/she doesn't actually see.  Plugs into the centre arm rest cigarette lighter socket. Easy to move to the other car and do the same. 

I got a Nextbase Duo. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nextbase-Camera-Digital-Driving-Recorder/dp/B014EW48BQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503567134&sr=8-1&keywords=nextbase+duo 

Not the cheapest, but has integrated GPS.  Both the front (wide angle) and and the rear-facing (telephoto) give excellent quality pictures.   Here are two clips from my other car (LHD GT500 Mustang), one showing the split screen and one the front screen ....... 

599ea0fe04258_Nextbase001Capture.thumb.JPG.f04a318894e418e87be1d11d46f1f2da.JPG

Nextbase test 1.png

Hi Jace1969,

I am using the same dash cam you've provided the link for in my S-MAX. Been using it for nearly 2 months and have had no issues what so ever. The quality is brilliant as well. I've run the wiring through the headlining for rear camera. Just make sure to turn off the motion sensor feature. It is useless and also freezes the unit. Once turned off it works flawless. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ams said:

Hi Jace1969,

I am using the same dash cam you've provided the link for in my S-MAX. Been using it for nearly 2 months and have had no issues what so ever. The quality is brilliant as well. I've run the wiring through the headlining for rear camera. Just make sure to turn off the motion sensor feature. It is useless and also freezes the unit. Once turned off it works flawless. 

Hope this helps.

See i was going to get the one on the link being on offer but i was just looking at 4 main things on it

Can you read number plates on the other side of the road coming towards you if you freeze frame it,is the night a good picture

Whats the rear camera like as its not even 720p only VGA and how does it record the 2 cameras,are they all in 1 file or are there 2 files when you view

on the p.c.

Ok just thinking of getting the one i have put the link to as its on the amazon lighting deal now so 70% off,not the best one but for

a dual cam for £50.99p its worth a try i think,seems good picture on reviews.

Can you let me know how you get on with it please? I'm after a decent but not too pricey front and rear dash cam set. It'd be lovely to have it show up on the sync screen though =)))

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Can you let me know how you get on with it please? I'm after a decent but not too pricey front and rear dash cam set. It'd be lovely to have it show up on the sync screen though =)))

Yes i will post the so called review on here,im not expecting amazing things but a very good day picture and ok night will do me and for £50 area.

The end of the day its there for a nice clear picture so a £200 one is just mainly for wifi and stuff like GPS etc and may be a little better picture.

we will see.

Sorry, for not getting back sooner. As soon as I get a chance i'll upload some photos for both rear and front. Looking at previous videos, I can confirm that the quality of picture is adequate to read number plates including the rear camera. I had to adjust the brightness on the unit to improve visibility at night. 

12 hours ago, Ams said:

Sorry, for not getting back sooner. As soon as I get a chance i'll upload some photos for both rear and front. Looking at previous videos, I can confirm that the quality of picture is adequate to read number plates including the rear camera. I had to adjust the brightness on the unit to improve visibility at night. 

Ok mate cheers,just had mine arrive with the GPS thing,there on deals so thought i would give it a try,they are so small and from outside

you cant see it if put onto the top of the window,hope it don't pick up the plastic center mirror cover.Will these only take a 32 gb card as i have 64 or 32.

Cheers

I was looking for a dascam for front and rear, I looked at the nextbase duo but it feels like cheap plastic, I decided against the duo cos I was not prepared to pay a extra 50 quid for lesser quality video footage.

I got the nextbase 512 gw instead which I think is better quality in build and video. A email I received from nextbase tells me that a nextbase rear cam will be available in 2 or 3 months time. I believe it will cost around £70.00ish. This will draw power from the front cam and will be the same video quality as the 512gw. I'm just going to hang on for that.

10 hours ago, auldreekie said:

I was looking for a dascam for front and rear, I looked at the nextbase duo but it feels like cheap plastic, I decided against the duo cos I was not prepared to pay a extra 50 quid for lesser quality video footage.

I got the nextbase 512 gw instead which I think is better quality in build and video. A email I received from nextbase tells me that a nextbase rear cam will be available in 2 or 3 months time. I believe it will cost around £70.00ish. This will draw power from the front cam and will be the same video quality as the 512gw. I'm just going to hang on for that.

I just not that keen on having a bulky cam on my screen for a lot of reasons,i like the smaller ones even if i do have to drop that bit in quality.

There are loads out there as i have had a dam good look and on par with the top ones and so much cheaper,you cant fault Nextbase as one of the top ones

just to big for me.

This is an issue for me too. I've seen someone post abou5 one that you can extend the lens wires then site the lens almost anywhere. I'm thinking inside the rain sensor cover on mine as I don't have Lane change or radar or anything.

The less crap on my windscreen and dash the better!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 9:55 AM, Phil21185 said:

This is an issue for me too. I've seen someone post abou5 one that you can extend the lens wires then site the lens almost anywhere. I'm thinking inside the rain sensor cover on mine as I don't have Lane change or radar or anything.

The less crap on my windscreen and dash the better!

I get the big problem where to fit mine as it picks up the plastic cover of the rear view mirror so its either up the corner,very low down

or where i have put it on the plastic cover but you are so true,i would never leave a sat-nav stuck to my window 24/7 and a nice few

dash cams are close to that size,less visible the better for me.

• Like 1

This is where i fitted it,this is the plastic in question that i have put it on as putting it either side on the window picks it up on either

side i put it.

new dash cam 28.8.17.jpg

What is the picture like? I would have thought you will get a fair bit of vibration with it put up there. I've seen a lot of these cameras around, lots of different manufacturers but the same components inside. I am running a transcend DrivePro 220 in the front and 200 in the back. They are about 2"x2" I reckon. I do rate them as decent cameras.

One thing I don't like about amazon is their lightning deals, more specifically the way they word the offer. Take for instance the camera you bought, it was £50.99 and described as having 70% off. This figure is 70% off the RRP not Amazons selling price. In your case you actually only got 15% off because amazon sell the camera at £59.99 every day. It can be very misleading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

What is the picture like? I would have thought you will get a fair bit of vibration with it put up there. I've seen a lot of these cameras around, lots of different manufacturers but the same components inside. I am running a transcend DrivePro 220 in the front and 200 in the back. They are about 2"x2" I reckon. I do rate them as decent cameras.

One thing I don't like about Amazon is their lightning deals, more specifically the way they word the offer. Take for instance the camera you bought, it was £50.99 and described as having 70% off. This figure is 70% off the RRP not Amazons selling price. In your case you actually only got 15% off because Amazon sell the camera at £59.99 every day. It can be very misleading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its had me more than once on these deals so i look around but i like how some work on eBay,if its a deal on amazon they sell the camera for £10 above the

amazon price and still cheaper than eBay and buy it from amazon and send it direct to the person who brought it as then the person thinks great its free

next day delivery,some crafty people about.

The camera don't move at all as i had my other A119 on the same plastic and the plastic is solid,either side i get the plastic in the picture which is a pain,be nice to know where others have put it with the same plastic cover on the fiesta,only had this one because it had rear view as the A119 was in one word..Amazing.

And a quick Mini review on this camera,very small and compact,easy to set up and front picture is spot on and back is ok,read plates when car is behind,if i had to pick 2 things being very picky is the dark aint that good but its clear just dark but most are like this and you get a small amount of dashboard glare as a certain angle and very slight heated window wires but this is being very picky but a very good camera with back view for under £60.....£50 for me in the deal.

• Like 1

Gone back to my A119 as its a way better picture,picture was good but they don't make a filter for it so i had a lot of dashboard reflection

and i have close to zero on my A119 and in the same place and also night was not very good at all so i set it brighter and day was way to

bright,tried tested but not for me,good camera/picture and average rear camera but very bad reflection even when tried on the window,worth a try.

.......Does anyone have a picture to how they have fitted there dash cam on a fiesta like mine with the MASSIVE plastic cover......

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club