Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brakes Rubbing?? After curbing car.

guiseppi84

Hello,

With all the recent weather I unfortunatly curbed my car and did some damage. I took my car to ATS and had quite a bit of work done listed below. I have had the car back 5 days and it doesn't seem right. It is pulling a little bit to the left and when I touch the brakes a little bit they squeak. When driving especially at low speeds it feels like they are rubbing. What can I do and what are my rights with ATS? Can I demand that they fix it for free?? I spent £630 getting it fixed in the first place!! Help!

2 shocks

1 track rod end

1 alloy

1 tie rod

2 new tyres

it must have been a highish speed curb then as if all those parts were needing replaced due to the curbing it indicates a very heavy dunt indeed first off why a new alloy wheel usually the wheel buckles slightly and can be balanced out if the damage was indeed that bad the car wouldnt have been driveable and you should have done it through youre insurance brakes squeel a bit till they bed in did they replace the disks? usually if the whole strut is bent then when you brake it unevenly applies the heat to the disk warping it which is where the rubbing sound and the pull comes from based on what youve said so far im amazed the lower ball joint wasnt replaced as it would have took a heavy dunt unfortunately youve let them do the work and take all the old parts so you cant proive if the damage was that severe or not really youre only choice is to take it into ford or a respectable garage and let tyhem test drive it and check the suspension out why didnt you call the insurance fair enough youre premium would increase but not to the tune of 650 quid which is a shocking price for the work 2 hours max on labour for that mate also did the do the tracking on the car if not the tracking may well be out too my personall opinion is they saw you coming mate im sorry to say the shocks 90 for the pair the alloy from ford is 80 tie rod and track rod end about 30 for both thats 200 quid god knows how much the tyres were or what the labour was had experience with ats before on my sisters car they shredded the alloy wheel bolts putting them in and said nothing they snapped leaving a wheel stuck up in the arch and a fair bit of damage.

you can take it back and ask for a breakdown of the prices you can also tell them you arent happy with the car and query if the tracking was done it should have been with that much suspension work if thay find other problems take it for a second opinion first bnnefore you co0mmit to anything

Trust me if I could have taken anywhere else I would my car was undrivable and got it to where I could!! Not a nice experience!!

Been back they have had it up and checked all the work that was done,all fine!! They then looked at the alignment and it was 4mm out which they have done. Asked about the brake. And they said they were fine, could be the weather. Drove it home and I still think it is pulling. Any ideas??

Trust me if I could have taken anywhere else I would my car was undrivable and got it to where I could!! Not a nice experience!!

Been back they have had it up and checked all the work that was done,all fine!! They then looked at the alignment and it was 4mm out which they have done. Asked about the brake. And they said they were fine, could be the weather. Drove it home and I still think it is pulling. Any ideas??

it culd b that the balljoints bent or damaged or a s said a warped brake disk theres no way of checking without the right equipment if the damage was that severe ide be surprised if either the caliper or disk isnt warped the choices are lower balljoint calipers the disk opr the steering has taken the brunt and the colomns bent or the driveshaft

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club