Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how do you retro fit MK3.5 ST cluster in Non ST

ronseal

Hi, does anyone know how to fit the MK3.5 ST Cluster into non ST - seen it done a few times but nobody seems to be sure how it was done...I'm assuming its not just plug and play and requires ETIS or similar 

any help appreciated as i have a replica for work (sad i know-but work wouldn't allow the real thing due to a strict green/emissions policy) and all i have left to complete it is to activate the DRL's & Powerfold mirrors (again any help on those would be good to) and to fit the pods and cluster 

The mk3.5 ST is euro6 so is cleaner than most other cars out there.
Where do you work? Greenpeace?
Since when did an employer have the right to dictate what car you own?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The day my employer dictates what I can drive is the day I hand my notice in.

• Like 3

Yep there bellends, very ***** company car policy but it pays the bills, basically i have a choice buy my own on an allowance (has to be under 1.8L and strict on emissions) or they give me a ***** bottom of the range low spec Astra, hence, i went for the allowance option...i did try the ST argument but according to there new Green policy (again all a load of crap to try to say there a green company) i abide or take the Astra option....

was tempted to stick an ST engine in there now they have the reg and V5 copy - they wouldn't notice..

but in the meantime thought i would have a go at the clocks, anyone have any ideas as i know it can be done, theirs one on eBay now with ST cluster but he wont say how it was achieved..  

A Focus MK3/MK3.5 ST instrument cluster can be installed to a non ST version without any problems. On the Focus MK3/MK3.5 the instrument cluster is no longer part of the PATS immobilizer system. Changing the instrument cluster is basically plug and play and the ST instrument cluster will be fully functional..

However there are a few things to keep in mind:

* Petrol and Diesel instrument clusters are different (different tachometer scale).

* Focus MK3 and MK3.5 instrument clusters have different hardware ID numbers and different software. They are offiicially not interchangeable.

* The milage is stored inside the instrument cluster. When changing the instrument cluster it will still show the mileage of the vehicle it came from. The mileage of the new instrument cluster needs to be adjusted to match the car's mileage. Be aware that adjusting the mileage upwards is a lot easier than downwards.

* On the Focus MK3/MK3.5 the instrument cluster is configured by the Central Car Configuration (CCC) file of the BCM. The instrument cluster contains a (backup) copy of this CCC file. When changing the instrument cluster the CCC file of the instrument cluster does no longer match the CCC file of the BCM. It is recommended to load the correct CCC file into the new instrument cluster. This can be done with a (modified) ELM327 interface and the Forscan software.

as a practical joke , and to make the point that an employer has no right to project their own  personal beliefs onto its staff , i suggest you do the following ;

rent a 5.0 ltr V8 mustang , preferably in a lairy yellow colour with go faster graphics , rev the crap out of it when you pull into the company carpark  each morning , then proceed to park it in the directors personal space

i'd probably go one further and announce my arrival with a dukes of hazard musical horn :and a couple of  tyre donuts for good measure

-D

dude , seriously , theres other jobs out there lol.............

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, biff55 said:

as a practical joke , and to make the point that an employer has no right to project their own  personal beliefs onto its staff , i suggest you do the following ;

rent a 5.0 ltr V8 mustang , preferably in a lairy yellow colour with go faster graphics , rev the crap out of it when you pull into the company carpark  each morning , then proceed to park it in the directors personal space

i'd probably go one further and announce my arrival with a dukes of hazard musical horn :and a couple of  tyre donuts for good measure

-D

dude , seriously , theres other jobs out there lol.............

Truly top class my friend, lol!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

Truly top class my friend, lol!

i have a gift for being over the top & generally offensive..........

B-)

• Like 2

I know the company thinks its being all eco friendly, if they had there way we would all be driving a fricking PRIUS, funny how the exec team all drive 3ltr BMW's thou  - my friends got a 68 dodge charger, may have to borrow that for a few weeks...see if i can ***** the boss off...

but they do pay me well and i can live with this car for a while, ill just keep modifying it, after i fix this ill be moving on to the engine see what i can do with that...as long as on paper it says its not over a 1.8 i'm fine. 

anyone got a guide to load the correct CCC file into the new instrument cluster. already have a modified ELM327 interface and the Forscan software with extended licence

• Like 1

On 30/08/2017 at 6:04 PM, biff55 said:

i have a gift for being over the top & generally offensive..........

B-)

Is there any other way to be? :tongue:

• Like 1

You could fit an arachnid tuning box or a bluefin remap. They will never know. 😈

Are you talking about the boost pods or the main cluster?

I wouldn't mind adding the pods to my 1.6 tdci 😊

to save on trying to update the CCC file on the instrument cluster (as to be honest i don't know how to do this) has anyone ever just swapped out the fascia and needles - did this on a Vectra VXR once was pretty easy to do all just clips off .....as long as your carefull ?? -

I took the ST cluster apart and it does seem to be as simple as popping them off and just refitting them onto the other cluster 

has anyone tried this ??

not sure if there as easy on the Focus , any help would be appreciated before i start just pulling it apart 

20170910_124937.jpg

20170910_125003.jpg

Swapping the dial plates will not work. The speedometer of the ST instrument cluster has a different scale than the "normal" instrument cluster. When swapping the dial plates the speedometer readings will be incorrect.

Next to this when swapping the dial plates and needles you will not have the ST logo at startup or the ST ESP settings menu.

• 1 year later...
On 8/30/2017 at 12:27 AM, JW1982 said:

A Focus MK3/MK3.5 ST instrument cluster can be installed to a non ST version without any problems. On the Focus MK3/MK3.5 the instrument cluster is no longer part of the PATS immobilizer system. Changing the instrument cluster is basically plug and play and the ST instrument cluster will be fully functional..

However there are a few things to keep in mind:

* Petrol and Diesel instrument clusters are different (different tachometer scale).

* Focus MK3 and MK3.5 instrument clusters have different hardware ID numbers and different software. They are offiicially not interchangeable.

* The milage is stored inside the instrument cluster. When changing the instrument cluster it will still show the mileage of the vehicle it came from. The mileage of the new instrument cluster needs to be adjusted to match the car's mileage. Be aware that adjusting the mileage upwards is a lot easier than downwards.

* On the Focus MK3/MK3.5 the instrument cluster is configured by the Central Car Configuration (CCC) file of the BCM. The instrument cluster contains a (backup) copy of this CCC file. When changing the instrument cluster the CCC file of the instrument cluster does no longer match the CCC file of the BCM. It is recommended to load the correct CCC file into the new instrument cluster. This can be done with a (modified) ELM327 interface and the Forscan software.

Hi @JW1982, You mention that "Focus MK3 and MK3.5 instrument clusters have different hardware ID numbers and different software. They are offiicially not interchangeable."
Do you mean even with both cluster (That's is same Gen MK3.5) . It will not work as well?
Example: f1et-10849-BNH (Current)
and f1et-10849-BKH (The one i wanted to swapped)
Mainly i wanted to change for the colour screen. 
Looking forward for your reply.